Our Wedding

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sherriray

sherriray
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:53 PM

Hello,

Well we have choosen Dreams Cancun for our wedding. We are stilling waiting to hear back from Claudia as to final date and time. We are hoping for July 2.

Has anyone gotten married at Dreams in the Gazabeo? What time of day is best. We don't want to have the wedding in the shade as the sun goes down, although it would be a lot cooler to have it at after 5pm!! Thoughts anyone :)

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

welcome to the forum! we have a few other dreams cancun brides on here...jilly and brendastar!

let us know how we can help!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:09 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:25 PM

Hello! Welcome to the forum! I am a dreams cancun bride to be as well! I'm glad you're before me, maybe you can give me some tips about things that worked well or not so well when you get back! Let me know if I can help in anyway, I'm still in the early stages, so I haven't done much, but you will find a ton of help from everyone here on the forum!

#5 sherriray

sherriray
        • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

Jilly, thanks. Looking forward to the planning, but at the same time, looking forward to having Dream do a lot of the details. This is our second marriage, so our goal is not to spend a lot of money but have our closest friends there for the biggest party ever ( oh, and a great wedding)

What reception site did you pick at Dreams? that was the only part I was unclear of. I don't want people standing in sand, but I don't want to be inside either ( afterall, I could that at home..LOL).

I am also concerned that Claudia is going to be hard to get in touch with... so far she is not very responsive. Hopefully she has just been busy and this won't be a stuggle. How have you been corresopnding with her? e-mail, phone?

Thanks again
          Sherri

#6 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:01 PM

Welcome to the forum! Dreams Cancun is gorgeous and I am sure you will have a lovely wedding! Let us know how we can help.

-Glenda

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:44 AM

Welcome to the forum-another Virginian-yeah!!!
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sherriray

What reception site did you pick at Dreams? that was the only part I was unclear of. I don't want people standing in sand, but I don't want to be inside either ( afterall, I could that at home..LOL).

I am also concerned that Claudia is going to be hard to get in touch with... so far she is not very responsive. Hopefully she has just been busy and this won't be a stuggle. How have you been corresopnding with her? e-mail, phone?

Thanks again
              Sherri

Im sure Jill will be a lot more help than me. But.... Just wanted to let you know that response time from the resorts wedding cordinators is fairly slow in general. Mexico time is much different from busy busy work work US time. Thats what I'm assuming anyways! Dont worry though as your date approaches they are usually a littl faster to respond!

I believe there is an outside gazebo that is not on the sand that sounds like it might best fit what you are looking for. There are a bunch of pics around here, try typing in Dreams Cancun in the search bar at the top and you will get a few threads that should have some pics. Good luck!
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 EDYTA

EDYTA
              • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

welcome to the forum!!! i am also a dreams bride but cabo not cancun if there is anything we can help u with just post away

#10 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:49 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sherriray
                  Jilly, thanks. Looking forward to the planning, but at the same time, looking forward to having Dream do a lot of the details. This is our second marriage, so our goal is not to spend a lot of money but have our closest friends there for the biggest party ever ( oh, and a great wedding)

Thanks again
                  Sherri
                  Hi Sherri,

I agree, the more details dreams can take care of the better! We're trying to stick to a budget for this, but I was going through everything the other night and we have pretty much blown the budget already and we haven't done much yet! I haven't decided on the reception site yet, its going to depend on how many people end up coming. I loved the beach reception idea, but FI made a good point, we are only planning that about 20-25 ppl will come, and it would look kind of funny to have only 3 tables set up on the beach, so I think we might do the terrace (I forgot the name of it) with the long table instead. We'll see, it will be so much easier to make decisions once we have a better idea of how many people will come.

As for claudia, the first time I emailed her I got a response back within a day. The second time it was longer, but when she responded she also gave me a different email address to contact her at, so maybe the one I used is one she doesn't always check, not sure. I did hear that claudia was voted employee of the year or something like that, so that makes me feel a little better.

Have you done much other planning yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users