Photo

Is dress shopping usually this mind consuming??

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 -Kate-

-Kate-
  • VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:25 PM

I just got back from my first real dress trying on session. I can't even talk because all I'm thinking about now are dresses. Is this normal

There is one that is really standing out to me - like, I can't stop thinking about it. The thing is it is NOTHING like what I wanted - specifically, it's strapless.
    Click the image to open in full size.

This is exhausting and I've only been to one place. I have another appointment on the 20th so I'm going to try to relax until then. Whew, I needed the vent.

#2 leigh miller

leigh miller
    • 936 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

in one word - yes :)

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

Leigh said it perfectly!
        By the way, Kate I love the dress you posted- have you tried this one on yet? I know the other girls will offer the same advice, but save yourself some heartache and make sure you don't try on anything you can't afford (or at least that's not in your budget)! Just ask Kashmira when she gets back...

#4 REBECCA

REBECCA
        • VIP Member
        • 1,825 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LALA
          I just got back from my first real dress trying on session. I can't even talk because all I'm thinking about now are dresses. Is this normal

There is one that is really standing out to me - like, I can't stop thinking about it. The thing is it is NOTHING like what I wanted - specifically, it's strapless.
          Click the image to open in full size.

This is exhausting and I've only been to one place. I have another appointment on the 20th so I'm going to try to relax until then. Whew, I needed the vent.
          Hey Kate,
          What I ended up with is completely different that what I thought I wanted. I did not want a strapless dress, everyone wears strapless dresses. Of course, when I tried on my strapless, i fell in love and that was it. I think most of the time brides don't end up getting styles they think they want...

If you like that dress. Just think about it and go try it on again in a week or two. Don't impulse buy ...
          Rebecca
          <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
          Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

Kate, I LOVE the dress, I can't wait to go look at dresses, but I should probably start sticking to my diet first, so I don't cry when I go!! I would still go to your next appointment and try on more, and I think you'll know if that's definetly the one for you!

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:41 PM

I agree - on what everyone said! I got something totally different that I thought I would at first. And I also spent a lot more than I thought I would. And I also thought about the dress WAY more than I thought I would - I really thought I'd just find a simple bridesmaid dress, get it in while, and be done with it.

That is so not what happened. You have a little time, so just shop around some more to see what really catches your eye. And you will know when THE dress comes along!

But to answer your question in one word ... YES!

#7 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

Thanks all!

I did try on the dress in the pic and it was my fav. I never thought I would look good in a dress like that - surprise! I wanted to like other ones more because they were more what I thought I wanted, but couldn't.

I'm going to go on the 20th to my set appointment. I'm also going to make an appointment at a 3rd place too. I've got 11 months so I'm not in a rush - but I do want to get it done.

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

I have to admit - it is a great feeling after you find, and buy the right dress!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

(oooohhh - fun, that was my 1,000th post!!)

#10 -Kate-

-Kate-
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by akh

(oooohhh - fun, that was my 1,000th post!!)
                      Glad my confusion could help you out!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users