My Invites - Help

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 lyrebard

• 229 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

We actually used fabric glue, like Fabri-Tac (sp?), which was recommended by the invite designer who sent us the paper. It worked great and gave us a bit of wiggle room: if we didn't get the paper on straight at first, we could push it around slightly until it was aligned the way we wanted it.

It's really cool stuff, actually--a bit stringy, but when it dries it's like the rubber tacky glue strips that they use to attach pamphlets inside magazines. (Does that make sense??)

#12 meltanirie

• 283 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

Definitely try the tape! Spray adhesive is great too but with little no room for mistakes

#13 becks

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

Fabri-Tac is a good option. Any "overage" can just be rubbed off.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#14 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

We got these little double-sided adhesive uhhm, holders? I guess you would call them? Like the newer types of white-out strip things. They come in both removable and permanent but they don't have a name of what the product is 'called' on it, just a brand, TOMBO/MONO. I just looked in the aisle at Michaels that had adhesives, lots to choose from. Creative Memories makes a nice one too.

#15 Bavaro-Princess

• 92 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

Thanks everyone i will head to michaels and get me some double sided tape... just because there will be some room for mistakes with the tape... i will check out the adhesives aisle and see what options I have... thank you all

i cant wait to start them up again... you guys are seriously the bestest

#16 kr3611

• 127 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:10 PM

They look good to me!

#17 flygirl

• 263 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

Just an fyi on the double sided tape - there are two kinds. One is picture safe (ie, won't hold very well) So make sure you don't end up buying that one.

#18 manda0812

• 343 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:10 AM

I would suggest spray adhesive also, any small mistakes they peel right off. have fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users