Photo

Past January Cabo brides question?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 salomeh

salomeh
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:04 AM

We are hoping to have our wedding on 1/17/09 weekend at Dreams (I am still waiting to see if the date is open). If anyone had their wedding in Cabo in January can you give me an idea of what the weather is like? I have heard it can get kind of cold/chilly and there might be a chance of rain!!!

Thank you,
    Salomeh

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:24 AM

it is chillier...like you have to wear pants and light sweater at night...once the sun goes down it can be chilly

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 salomeh

salomeh
    • 104 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:00 AM

Thanks that's what I figured. We may have to rent heat lamps. Tammy, I know you got married at Dreams and used Maye as your WC. You gave her a B for her review. I talked to her the other day and am thinking about using her. Do you think I should or do you think I should just use the Dreams WC?

Thank you!

#4 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:59 AM

We were looking at January as our wedding date too but our TA advised that in January (other than the chilliness) it can be cloudy at times, and even rainy. So that's part of the reason we moved it up to April 1st. You might want to map the weather trends over the last few years (I know there are a few websites that allow you to do that).

#5 bride1212

bride1212
      • 54 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:29 PM

I am getting married Jan. 16 of 09, and I read the weather is around 70 to 80's during day and around the 50's to 60's a night. Other than that it is considered actually the "peak" season to go to Cabo b/c the weather is beautiful, so you may be able to save on resort room pricing if you do it in the summer there. I would suggest renting the heaters though, that is what we plan on doing.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by salomeh
        Thanks that's what I figured. We may have to rent heat lamps. Tammy, I know you got married at Dreams and used Maye as your WC. You gave her a B for her review. I talked to her the other day and am thinking about using her. Do you think I should or do you think I should just use the Dreams WC?

Thank you!
        i like maye alot. i guess it depends on what you want to use her for and how elaborate of a wedding do you want.

the wc at dreams are pretty great but they work as a great team with maye all the time.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 salomeh

salomeh
        • 104 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bride1212
          I am getting married Jan. 16 of 09, and I read the weather is around 70 to 80's during day and around the 50's to 60's a night. Other than that it is considered actually the "peak" season to go to Cabo b/c the weather is beautiful, so you may be able to save on resort room pricing if you do it in the summer there. I would suggest renting the heaters though, that is what we plan on doing.
          Great to hear from another Jan. bride I am waiting to hear from Dreams on 1/17/09. Congrats!

#8 salomeh

salomeh
          • 104 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tammy Host
            i like maye alot. i guess it depends on what you want to use her for and how elaborate of a wedding do you want.

the wc at dreams are pretty great but they work as a great team with maye all the time.
            Great, thanks. I am still waiting to hear from Dreams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users