Photo

ROR room upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 crawford2B

crawford2B
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

This is probablly somewhere already but does every wedding package get a room upgrade? I thought I heard that somewhere but don't want to be the rude bride that requests it but am not entitled to it. Hopefully the past ROR brides will know the answer.

#2 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
    • 298 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

I believe you are eligible for the upgrade with any wedding package except for the free package.

#3 nancylou7

nancylou7
      • 51 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:17 AM

I think that you can get a room upgrade with all packages. The ROR states that room upgrades are upon availability though. So if the resort is booked full than you won't get an upgrade.
        There is a thread titled My Ocho Rui Wedding Jan 31 08 in this forum and she had the free package and was upgraded

Hope this helps

#4 crawford2B

crawford2B
        • 244 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:57 AM

Thank you for the info. I think they are pretty booked the week we are going. Hopefully they have just one room for us. My luck they won't. Thanks again!

#5 nancylou7

nancylou7
          • 51 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

your welcome...good luck. Everything will work out the way you want them to

#6 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

I had the free package as well and had originally booked a JR Suite, but was magically upgraded to the amazing Jacuzzi Suite!! It is based on availability though, but it never hurts to ask. Smiles go a LOOOONG way to the type of service you get in Jamaica!
              ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#7 chicago88

chicago88
              • 699 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jmhein
                I had the free package as well and had originally booked a JR Suite, but was magically upgraded to the amazing Jacuzzi Suite!! It is based on availability though, but it never hurts to ask. Smiles go a LOOOONG way to the type of service you get in Jamaica!
                Wow I can't believe you got this having booked a jr suite. Since there were no full suites available when we arrived we asked what about the jacuzzi suite and they said they couldn't give it to us cuz it wasn't the next room category. I think they finally had a regular suite ready for us a couple days before we were leaving but it wasn't worth the hassle of moving all our stuff.

Therese & Jay
                Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#8 jmhein

jmhein
                • 665 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:38 PM

I'm not sure how I got it either! Sorry you didn't though!
                  ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#9 nancylou7

nancylou7
                  • 51 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

we are staying in a jr suite as well...I hope we get an upgrade to the jacuzzi suite. That room looks amazing!!!!

#10 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                    • 802 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:03 PM

My travel agent told me that she would send the resort a formal request from a Junior Suite to a full size Jacuzzi suite since we are booking so many rooms in the resort. We are going to make the request about 1 month before our wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users