LAURENANDBILL
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

by the way yamille where in queens are you from?? i grew up in howard beach

#1112 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

I don't have the centrepiece file unfortunately. I had sent Perla a couple of pics of things I was interested in and when when she said it was going to be like $60 per table that was enough information for me..

#1113 yamille

yamille
      • 1,460 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:35 PM

Hi Lauren,
        I am not doing any special centerpiece other than the hurricane candle that is included in the fantasy package. I had initially asked about some but the prices were out of hand in my opinion. I rather spend that money on something else. She did send me a few pics attached to an email a while ago. I put these on a word document and this site is not letting me upload- i tried a few times. PM me your email address and I will send it to you that way. Does anyone know waht I may be doing wrong. It's a word document-I copied all the pics onto that. I thought it would be easy.

I moved to astoria after years in manhattan. It's a nice change. We don't know where to go after marriage though.. hmm We want more SPACE. I know that much.

#1114 yamille

yamille
        • 1,460 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:51 PM

Hey All,
          It's me again. I have the wedding on my mind today... Question for the girls that have already done it-
          For the cocktail hour- I remember reading that someone had cocktail tables (high tables) brought out. Am I making that up? I guess I am wondering if people could have apps and champagne on the beach instead of heading right up to where we are having the reception.

thoughts?

#1115 MissyR

MissyR
          • 1,210 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

I am procrastinating from working on a take-home exam for a course I'm taking .. ha ha

Yamille you are right about the high tables. We had these set up on the terrace (on the dance floor essentially). I love your beach idea - we had all our appetizers set up on the terrace and then of course we had the bar so it made sense to everything together.

#1116 robinbood

robinbood
            • 97 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

Yamille, we had the high tables too, although most of the folks ended up going to the regular tables w/ their apps and drinks---but the high tables looked good :).

I've finally posted my propic slideshow:

http://bestdestinati....614#post717887

I still have to do my planning thread and review-- I loved my wedding- I'm just too caught up in work stuff . And I have to figure out how to post pics from photobucket! But I promise I will!

#1117 cac239

cac239
              • 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

Hello everybody, For those of you who have allready gotten married at the Paradisus. How did you go about getting the information needed to make your programs? I don't think I am able to contact the officiant to find out the order in which he performs the ceremony.

Thanks!!

#1118 MissyR

MissyR
                • 1,210 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

If you are doing the legal ceremony they won't give you anything in terms of a "Schedule" for the ceremony. But.. basically it's intro stuff, then vows, then signing the paperwork and stamping your thumb in the ink.

We added in our own vows and a sand ceremony. The sand ceremony came after the vows and exchange of rings. ( i think!)

#1119 bumbles

bumbles
                  • 574 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

I missed a lot after being away for a few days...

For the dj issue, is there just a $300 outside vendor fee? I don't plan on paying anything on top of this fee...

Ladies, I am SO frustrated. I sent Daniela an email over a month ago and never received a reply. I called a couple of weeks ago and she said that she'll email me by the next day. No reply. What to do The wedding is in just over 2 months...

UGH. This is getting to be very stressful...

#1120 yamille

yamille
                    • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Fanny- RESEND her the email. She ignored one of mine way back in the begining of planning and I resent it and she responded. That is really frustrating!
                      I sent her one yesterday- i hope she sees it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users