Tai Floral

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 J&M

J&M
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

Hi all

has anyone else had a long wait to hear back from the Tai Floral shop at the Riu? when I email her to get prices I'm waiting 2 to 3 weeks for a reply??

Anyways I checked with a florist up here and found i could get silk made on time so maybe i'll just go that route

#2 beyondsmitten

beyondsmitten
    • Banned
    • 75 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

I don't think it is unusual to wait so long for a response, it seems to be the norm.

I did recieve a catalog from them via the Tensing Pen resort coordinator but was not really impressed with the choices. I sent photos of bouquets, again via the hotel coordinator, about 6 weeks ago. I don't know if she fowarded them directly but I never got a response about pricing of them.

I will be in Jamaica to meet with the Tensing Pen Coordinator next week, and requested that the florist be there. I have not gotten confirmation yet she will attend, but I too have begun to consider silk options.

#3 Shenmaat

Shenmaat
      • 98 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

I ended up moving away from Tai floral because it took them just as long to answer me. I also couldnt justify the prices with my fiancee since they are kind of expensive.

You could check this thread: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t5770 , for the prices from last year as a start.
        "An accident of chance became, our lasting gift that day. Some paths may cross but do not always, join in such a way"
        http://tickers.Ticke....84a2/event.png

#4 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
        • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

Tai Flora emailed me back, a week after my wedding with flower prices. I ended up doing silk flowers and I'm glad I went that route b/c the free bouquet that I got from them, which i planned to use as my toss bouquet, showed up right at 11am- my scheduled wedding time.
          See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#5 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
          • 716 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by twelve_piece
            Tai Flora emailed me back, a week after my wedding with flower prices. I ended up doing silk flowers and I'm glad I went that route b/c the free bouquet that I got from them, which i planned to use as my toss bouquet, showed up right at 11am- my scheduled wedding time.
            Welcome back Twelve-Piece! Can't wait to hear all about your wedding trip. Congratulations!!!

#6 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by IrieBride08
              Welcome back Twelve-Piece! Can't wait to hear all about your wedding trip. Congratulations!!!
              Thanks!! One of my BMs is sending me pics from my wedding that her FI took on Wednesday so i'll post my review then, but let me know if you have questions now. I had the best time ever. I wish i was still there!!!!!!!!!

#7 Neema29

Neema29
              • 116 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

Hi Twelve-piece,
                Welcome back!!!!I never had a chance to catch up with you before you left(did not have access to forum yet)...but I looked at your pictures you posted for your pre-wedding planning. Everything was beautiful. I really wanted to know how did you make those suspended flowers? I want to do domething like that for the bamboo arch which I am planning on using for my wedding beach ceremony. Congratulations and I can't wait for you to post your pics and review!!!!

#8 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Neema29
                  Hi Twelve-piece,
                  Welcome back!!!!I never had a chance to catch up with you before you left(did not have access to forum yet)...but I looked at your pictures you posted for your pre-wedding planning. Everything was beautiful. I really wanted to know how did you make those suspended flowers? I want to do domething like that for the bamboo arch which I am planning on using for my wedding beach ceremony. Congratulations and I can't wait for you to post your pics and review!!!!
                  Thanks!! The hanging flowers were really easy to make, but very time consuming. I bought the flowers from Hobby Lobby and they were the kind where the flower can be popped off of the stem and then the center part of the flower can be pulled out. If you go look in the flower section this will make sense. So i pulled all the flowers off and popped out the center, then I used fishing line to string the flower then put the center piece back in place. Does that make sense?
                  If you have a habby lobby near you they have these 50% almost every other week.

#9 Neema29

Neema29
                  • 116 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the "how-to" twelve-piece! It definitely makes sense.. I will definitely let you know if I have trouble getting it to work. Can't wait to check out your pics!

#10 Bride010101

Bride010101
                    • 1,547 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by twelve_piece
                      Thanks!! The hanging flowers were really easy to make, but very time consuming. I bought the flowers from Hobby Lobby and they were the kind where the flower can be popped off of the stem and then the center part of the flower can be pulled out. If you go look in the flower section this will make sense. So i pulled all the flowers off and popped out the center, then I used fishing line to string the flower then put the center piece back in place. Does that make sense?
                      If you have a habby lobby near you they have these 50% almost every other week.
                      I loved your hanging flowers! I remember reading somewhere else about approximate lengths... but now I can't find it. Did you say that each string was about 9 feet long? (How many flowers per string... or how far apart did you place the flowers?)

Sorry for being so picky but I just loved the ways yours looked. Not too many that they were overwhelming... but enough that they were noticable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users