umm technically its FACIAL TISSUE BOX... kleenex is a name brand hahaha

messin with you

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

Actually I think it counts as public domain at this point. There's a word for this type of word and I can't think of. Something about once a word is entered into vernacular and/or the trademark expires there can be no claim to intellectual property. Coke, Band-Aid, Fridge, etc.

Let me know if you're going to turn me in! I'll either get to frame the fancy memo telling me to stop using Kleenex with out whispering TM or I'll have to move to Brazil where there is no extradition! LOL

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:33 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jean-marcus
          umm technically its FACIAL TISSUE BOX... kleenex is a name brand hahaha

messin with you

I think it says kleenex on the top.

I'm a coke = pepsi, dr. pepper, etc kind of girl.

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
            Actually I think it counts as public domain at this point. There's a word for this type of word and I can't think of. Something about once a word is entered into vernacular and/or the trademark expires there can be no claim to intellectual property. Coke, Band-Aid, Fridge, etc.

Let me know if you're going to turn me in! I'll either get to frame the fancy memo telling me to stop using Kleenex with out whispering TM or I'll have to move to Brazil where there is no extradition! LOL
            A company has to show they protected their copywrite in order to enforce it. I think kleenx still retains the copywrite. Say if Target made "target kleenexes" they would definitly get sued. But, it kleenex kept letting it happen, they would lose their copywrite.

Why do I know so much about this I heard some thing on the radio about a Koozie lawsuit. They were saying that the company that has the copywrite on that word has let it become generic by not enforcing the copywrite.

Jean-marcus, look what you did! I just spend several minutes typing about kleenexes :)

#6 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
            • 1,565 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:44 AM

well thats true.. once a name like jell-o becomes commonly known as the product then it pretty much voids out the trademark or after i think 50 years as well.

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:51 AM

These are cute...

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:55 AM

Pricey, but so cute!