Photo

Song to walk down the aisle

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#51 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

I want to walk down to Cannon in D. We hired a steel drum band for the ceremony, so I hope they can do it! :)
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#52 NATASHA

NATASHA
    • 646 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:21 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by laura b
      That's actually the song I was going to walk down the aisle to! We had decided to just fade it out before it got to the "til I find somebody else" part. Now I'm starting to lean toward "Question" by the Old 97's since I love them and it's what the FH sang to me when he proposed.
      We're walking back off to "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service.
      OH - You SO need to use Question - that is a great song and how sweet that he sang that to you!
      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#53 NATASHA

NATASHA
      • 646 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:24 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BRENDASTAR
        Okay so what if you get live music for the cermony, like mariachis or trios? Do you still request the music? or they play what they usually play?
        Our trio (via Maye) played O Sole Mio for me at my request. They did a beautiful job and they can play a TON of stuff. If you give your trio time, I'm sure you have a lot of options for requests.

#54 laura b

laura b
        • 334 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:32 AM

Natasha-
          Given enough time, do you think they could learn Question? :)
          I'm stoked that you've even heard that song. Most people haven't.
          The FH and I have half-jokingly considered trying to see if Rhett Miller would come sing it for us at our wedding, but then seeing him at my wedding might muddy my intentions a little bit!

#55 NATASHA

NATASHA
          • 646 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:20 PM

See if you can find the sheet music. If so, yes, I do think they could. It's not a complicated piece. It will be instrumental, but that would be pretty.

#56 Ashleigh

Ashleigh
            • 83 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by destinationbride07
              Here comes the bride...works for me...i wanted to go with: THIS IS WHY I'M HOT" but i dont want to embarrass my mother lol
              I was about to ask if it was ok to walk down to the isle to this! I still want to do some traditional stuff! But I think we are going to walk down the isle after we are married to Celebration! and get the party started!!!!

#57 Lori

Lori
              • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

I am walking down the aisle to: I am yours, You're Mine x Betty Carter
                I love this song because it is soothing, jazzy and has that scratchy background.

#58 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:28 AM

I want to walk down the isle to "Bittersweet Symphony" in the instrumental version. It took me forever to find this! I don't know if I watched Cruel Intentions to many times with Ryan coming up the escalator to this song, but it gives me goose bumps every time I hear the drama of the strings.

I plan on having "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for my wedding party- sorry his name is too long to remember, so the 50 First Dates version. :)

FI wants his own song to be "Walk It Out." He watched Stomp the Yard too many times. I haven't taken him seriously on this request, but he keeps singing it with a little dance. Now I'm beginning to wonder....is he for real?
                  Happily married since 2008

#59 SusanK

SusanK
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,685 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:35 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Waiting_for_Sunshine
                    FI wants his own song to be "Walk It Out." He watched Stomp the Yard too many times. I haven't taken him seriously on this request, but he keeps singing it with a little dance. Now I'm beginning to wonder....is he for real?
                    I think you (he) should go for it! It would set a fun mood for the wedding. My FI wants to come out to something fun too...maybe "Bad Boys" (he's a cop).
                    Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#60 *JillD*

*JillD*
                    • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:24 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Waiting_for_Sunshine
                      I want to walk down the isle to "Bittersweet Symphony" in the instrumental version. It took me forever to find this! I don't know if I watched Cruel Intentions to many times with Ryan coming up the escalator to this song, but it gives me goose bumps every time I hear the drama of the strings.

I plan on having "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for my wedding party- sorry his name is too long to remember, so the 50 First Dates version. :)

I think I've seen cruel intentions about 100 times, and I LOVE that song!

You girls have to stop giving me so many good ideas because then I just can't make a decision!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users