The best workout DVDs I have ever owned- P90X

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#321 bholthof

bholthof
  • Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:01 AM

Arms and shoulders & ab ripper take 2 last night - I was able to either up my weight or up my reps for it, yay!!I hope that means I'm gaining muscle and not that I just didn't try last week!

Again - I HATE abripper!! However, I could almost keep up - probably only really having trouble with the wide leg sit ups and fifer scissors. And probably a couple others, but those are the ones I remember.

:) Keep up the good work ladies!!!! How are you doing with the program??

I've decided not to do the diet. There are lots of reasons, but its mostly because the diet is designed for people who want to bulk up in mind - and I don't really want to put on a ton of muscle. Plus I just can't eat that much in a day!! So I'll use some of the recipes, because they are healthy, but I'm not going to follow the diet myself. I'm still eating healthier than most people!
    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#322 bholthof

bholthof
    • Banned
    • 323 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

Yoga X again tonight - so proud of myself, I could actually do some of those ridiculously difficult poses where you are standing on one leg leaning over and twisting sideways with one arm up in the air! :)

I like yoga . . . maybe I'll take up yoga after P90X is done!! Along with dance, and jiu jitsu. :)
      21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#323 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
      • 762 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:06 AM

I am offically 3 months away and its crunch time... doing my 2.5 mile run again tommorrow and doing ab ripper after that to ease back into it!

#324 Tifany

Tifany
        • 248 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bholthof

I like yoga . . . maybe I'll take up yoga after P90X is done!! Along with dance, and jiu jitsu. :)
          Yoga is brilliant. We have it at work once a week and I never feel as good as I do after it!

#325 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
          • 450 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:37 AM

My gym membership expired and I have a gf who did this last year and looks amazing!! After reading through this whole thread last night and looking at before and after pics on youtube, I am gonna order it tonight!!

#326 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

bholtof - That's great! I'm glad you're doing well and getting those yoga moves down, I really love yoga too :)

As for the diet, you definitely don't have to follow it but I can honestly tell you that I followed the diet and didn't bulk up at all. I was nicely toned and actually shrank down. The muscle I put on (which was not a LOT) actually burned up my fat faster than I've ever experienced. I'm doing 100% cardio now with Insanity and I'm not as small as I got doing P90X and actually am considering switching over or incorporating a week of P90X every other week.

Just my 2 cents!

#327 Angel

Angel
              • 2,635 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

Ahhhhh, 1 week down. It wasn't that bad at all. Started week 2 today and just finished Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X.
                I think I'm going to switch out the yoga for Plyo. Even though it kicked my butt I actually like the high impact cardio better. My husband actually did 45 min with me and I did the last 45 later. I get bored easily so I had to break it up. I was never a fan of yoga and that one is just waaaaaay too long for me.
                How is everybody else doing?

#328 riokayak

riokayak
                • 175 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

I'm starting week 4 today and finally got on the diet plan starting today. I'm feeling a little off without all my carbs... :-) Angel, I switched the CardioX for Plyo in the lean version. Even though I HATE yoga, I can tell a huge difference in my flexibility already. Glad to see so many excited about it and willing to share here!

#329 Angel

Angel
                  • 2,635 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

Oh man tell me about it. I was sooooooo exhausted today. I was so tempted to eat something sweet. But I've done it for a week with only 1 carb I figured I could do it the rest of the way. I did the yoga pretty well, I was pretty impressed with myself. I was just like aaawwww man 90 min.

#330 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
                    • 450 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

We were going to just order it online, but a coworker sent me an email saying Home Outiftters has it there of all places!! It's the same price as ordering online but you save S&H (about 20 bucks) Heading down there tonight to buy it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users