Am I the only one working today?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 PaulaV

PaulaV
  • VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

Thank you! Sorry to be such a downer, but I am so worried about him.
    He's our baby and he is old

#22 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Ok, I'm thinking that I need to change my earlier answer. My body is at work but I'm not really feeling it! I think I'll stay in the office and BDW it up al day. One of the perks of owning your own business and having a staff!

#23 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:07 PM

I will be working today also...It's only 7am here so haven't started yet.

#24 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:15 PM

I was supposed to be working today, but I am at home waiting to get my broken truck window fixed! and watching FI install more motion lights. Good thing I get to use today as a floating holiday, I am trying to save as much PTO as possible for the wedding!
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#25 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

I have to work tonight Shelley. No holidays for me either :) Although I'm orienting to a new position which is kinda easy compared to what I usually do so it's not going to be too bad.

Paula, sorry about your doggie. I hope he feels better soon.

Erica- happy anniversary! Have fun at PF Changs- yummy!

#26 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sarah
              I have to work tonight Shelley. No holidays for me either :) Although I'm orienting to a new position which is kinda easy compared to what I usually do so it's not going to be too bad.

what is your new position, Sarah?

#27 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

Happy Anniversary Erica!

Paula I hope your doggie feels better, do they have any idea what's wrong with him?

Today is DH's birthday, so I need to go buy a cake and whatever he wants for dinner. Other than that I'm just cleaning up today.

#28 thomastaci22

thomastaci22
                • 98 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:32 PM

Working todday

#29 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jilly76
                    Happy Anniversary Erica!

Paula I hope your doggie feels better, do they have any idea what's wrong with him?

Today is DH's birthday, so I need to go buy a cake and whatever he wants for dinner. Other than that I'm just cleaning up today.

awww, Jill what are you guys doing fun for his birthday?

#30 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MsShelley
                      what is your new position, Sarah?
                      I'm orienting to Special Care Nursery. We don't have a NICU at my hospital, so the really sick babies get shipped out to the regional NICU. But, we still keep babies that need IV's, oxyhoods and other treatments- plus the nursery nurses attend all the deliveries in case babies need to be resuscitated- so I'm learning more "sick baby" skills like IV's, XRay interpretation, Phototherapy, etc... just more baby stuff. I'll still do Labor & Delivery- it's just that I can be a nursery nurse too. I really wanted to do it just to increase my skills and they offered to oriend me instead of hiring a new person because they really just need another "back-up" nursery person.

Plus, I just took a weekend position, so I work mostly Fri, Sat & Monday nights now. I still pick up a lot of overtime throughout the week, but I get paid more per hour to work my normal weekend shifts. And since I'm on the weekends they need another nursery person for when the other nursery nurses take vacation.

So now I do Triage, Antepartum, Labor & Delivery, Postpartum, Nursery Nurse, and Charge Nurse- I can do everything on my unit now. Yay :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users