Bikini Wax?

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#201 Oryx

• 727 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

I love this thread... LOL.

If you do find a technician that you like, try to get her contact info! I just called to get an appointment with my regular person and she no longer works at that salon... I'm so hesitant to try someone new since I have very sensitive skin.

#202 jcruzin76

• 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Hi Ladies...I think you have all talked me into getting a bikini wax! I hate shaving and the itching and bumps that come after it!! Now, I just need to find someone that does it around my area. Does anyone have any recommendations on someone in South Jersey? I live between AC and Philadelphia. Thanks!
      Jen & Len
      May 8th, 2010
      Montego Bay, Jamaica

#203 angelov321

• 548 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

Same here! You ladies have definitely eased my worries. Ive been contemplating getting a wax for awhile. I figured if i start now, I will be a immune to it in time for my wedding in Nov. Now I just have to research some places here in Houston. Anyone have any ideas by chance?

#204 boscobel

• VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

Ok, so I'm about to make an appt for my 2nd waxing and I want the blue wax that everyone keeps talking about. Problem is, my husbands salon doesn't do brazilians (and I really don't want someone I know doing this to me!) and they don't have blue wax. I have called around and called around and can't find anywhere that has it!! Wtf is up with that? Any ideas to find a salon that has it?

Also, my hubbie said if I wanted him to, he could do it for me since he can get the wax. I was like, hellllll no!! I don't want him causing me pain like that, I'd probably end up picking fights cuz he hurt me!

#205 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

That's cool that your husband has a salon but I agree, I would not want my husband to wax me either. I don't know your area so I don't have any recommendations for you other than to call around but it sounds like you have already done that. Hopefully, someone on here knows of a salon in your area. Otherwise, I would go back to where you went the first time for the strip wax. It will definitely be easier this time around and it will be more comfortable because you've already been there so its not as awkward as going to someone new.

#206 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

Ok, so maybe a dumb question, but you called the other way a "strip wax". What is the blue wax? I know it's not supposed to hurt as bad, but can't really find any info about it.

#207 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

Blue wax is the same as 'hard wax', it hardens on your skin and then the person takes just the wax off. They don't need to put a cloth strip over it to get if off, that's called 'strip wax'. Hope this clarifies.

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#208 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

I've only ever gotten the strip waxes. Never heard of the blue wax. Interesting!
                  I'm going Monday for a wax prior to my bd shoot. I figure 5 days should give me enough time to let the redness dissipate! :P

#209 boscobel

• VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

Oohhhhh, makes sense. Myabe I'll try searching for hard wax at salons then...

#210 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

I think generally people prefer the blue wax because it is not as irritating to your skin. If you call the salon, they should be able to tell you what kind of wax they offer. Often salons that have the blue wax have both. They use the strip wax for areas like your legs and use the blue wax for smaller more delicate areas like bikini.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users