• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#121 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08
    I made my appointment for tomorrow too. I'm nervous!
    no need to be nervous!

I just had mine done 2 days ago while I was at work.. I work in a salon so inbetween customers I ran into the waxing room and did it in 10 minutes! lol no pain no gain.. I was in a rush and wanted it done

#122 dmarie17

dmarie17
    • 276 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

Okay ladies, I'm back from my appointment! I did my armpits and got a Brazillian. I must say that was a very humbling experience... good thing i'm not shy! So here is my first-timer review:
      Go to a place that is highly reputable. You do not want to go to a cheapy place for this. I found a lady who has been doing this for 26 years and I must say that experience must make a difference.
      The pain was not nearly as bad as I thought. There were a few times that I thought I may shriek, but the pain goes away before I had time to think about it. Again, I think that if I went to someone else with less experience, it would have been a LOT worse.
      Overall I would definitely do it again. I gave my FI a peak and he definitely liked it... too bad I'm a bit sore right now!

#123 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dmarie17
        Okay ladies, I'm back from my appointment! I did my armpits and got a Brazillian. I must say that was a very humbling experience... good thing i'm not shy! So here is my first-timer review:
        Go to a place that is highly reputable. You do not want to go to a cheapy place for this. I found a lady who has been doing this for 26 years and I must say that experience must make a difference.
        The pain was not nearly as bad as I thought. There were a few times that I thought I may shriek, but the pain goes away before I had time to think about it. Again, I think that if I went to someone else with less experience, it would have been a LOT worse.
        Overall I would definitely do it again. I gave my FI a peak and he definitely liked it... too bad I'm a bit sore right now!
        Glad everything turned out okay!!!!

#124 Infinity22

Infinity22
        • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

I'm just curious, do a lot of you women wax a lot? Does the pain really affect you that badly?

#125 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

Yes and no.

#126 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Infinity22
            I'm just curious, do a lot of you women wax a lot? Does the pain really affect you that badly?
            i get my underarms done like every 3 weeks. it only hurts the first few times, and then its really honestly not bad.

#127 Gretchen

Gretchen
            • Banned
            • 416 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

This thread has me thinking of waxing now too.... But I am SCARED! There is NO way I could try Brizilian at first... But, armpits sound like a GREAT idea!! I will have to look for someplace to do this in Indianapolis!
              Gretchen "GiGi"

#128 Infinity22

Infinity22
              • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mauraw
                i get my underarms done like every 3 weeks. it only hurts the first few times, and then its really honestly not bad.
                I agree, it only hurts the first few times. Yes, I've actually waxed many times before!

#129 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Gretchen
                  This thread has me thinking of waxing now too.... But I am SCARED! There is NO way I could try Brizilian at first... But, armpits sound like a GREAT idea!! I will have to look for someplace to do this in Indianapolis!
                  brazilian's are for seasoned waxing lmfao j/k I'd start off with something easy to get used to the pain

#130 dmarie17

dmarie17
                  • 276 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:30 AM

My first waxing was a brazillian and now I'm addicted. I swear, if you go to someone who knows what they're doing, you'll be hooked too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users