Jump to content

Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 ablj209

ablj209
  • Jr. Member
  • 218 posts

    Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:20 AM

    Apparently I wrote this too soon... if anyone else is looking for the menu, it's listed on this site --> http://travel.websho...575886478zUqMZE



    #12 Tiffanya21

    Tiffanya21
    • Newbie
    • 96 posts

      Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

      This restuarant sounds like just what we were looking for. Something different, quaint and laid back, but still very classy. The prices are comparable to the resorts I was considering. Mayte (the wedding coordinator) was very quick when responding. She seems very helpful.

       

      Does anyone know any resorts or hotels fairly close other than the Melia and Barcelo Bavaro?

       

      Anyone gotten married here already?!



      #13 jlarruda

      jlarruda
      • Jr. Member
      • 201 posts

        Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

        I've been speaking with Mayte, I love how fast she responds to emails.  I was just wondering.. are you guys looking to do your ceremony as well as reception here? I'm trying to see what would be more cost effective.. do they give champagne after the ceremony? cost of cake/bouquets, etc.. I know they're not included on their brochure.

         

        Also.. I know she told me to make decisions (just an estimate since I have no idea how many guests we will have yet) and she will make a preinvoice and we will have to pay 10%, we can add/remove things later.   Just wondering if anyone else has done this yet and how it worked out.  Thanks.



        #14 Tiffanya21

        Tiffanya21
        • Newbie
        • 96 posts

          Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:59 AM



           

          Originally Posted by jlarruda 

          I've been speaking with Mayte, I love how fast she responds to emails.  I was just wondering.. are you guys looking to do your ceremony as well as reception here? I'm trying to see what would be more cost effective.. do they give champagne after the ceremony? cost of cake/bouquets, etc.. I know they're not included on their brochure.

           

          Also.. I know she told me to make decisions (just an estimate since I have no idea how many guests we will have yet) and she will make a preinvoice and we will have to pay 10%, we can add/remove things later.   Just wondering if anyone else has done this yet and how it worked out.  Thanks.


           

           

          I would really like to do our ceremony and reception there. Still doing my comparisons though. Its beautiful. I read alot of good wedding ceremony and reception stories about the Jellyfish. Did you get the packet from her? I was also wandering about the cake. I believe they have a suggested baker for the cake, but they dont actually offer that from the restruants kitchen.

           

          She never mentioned the preinvoice to me, although, I am going there to do a couple of walk throughs next month and the resturant was one of them. She may have it ready for then.



          #15 MBBride

          MBBride
          • Newbie
          • 70 posts

            Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:01 AM



             

            Originally Posted by jlarruda 

            I've been speaking with Mayte, I love how fast she responds to emails.  I was just wondering.. are you guys looking to do your ceremony as well as reception here? I'm trying to see what would be more cost effective.. do they give champagne after the ceremony? cost of cake/bouquets, etc.. I know they're not included on their brochure.

             

            Also.. I know she told me to make decisions (just an estimate since I have no idea how many guests we will have yet) and she will make a preinvoice and we will have to pay 10%, we can add/remove things later.   Just wondering if anyone else has done this yet and how it worked out.  Thanks.



             I paid a deposit (10%) to guarantee my reservation- and yes you can definitely change things and she will adjust your final invoice. So far everything is going smoothly....Mayte is the best! Happy planning!



            #16 jlarruda

            jlarruda
            • Jr. Member
            • 201 posts

              Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:29 PM

              When she mentioned the preinvoice, it wasn't anything to be done right away.. she told me to take our time making our decisions but she would close off our date.. I really like working with her so far.  Have any past brides or anyone that has been to the Jellyfish, what is the area around the restaurant like (safety wise)?



              #17 sebitasalejo

              sebitasalejo
              • Jr. Member
              • 221 posts

                Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:47 PM



                Originally Posted by jlarruda 

                When she mentioned the preinvoice, it wasn't anything to be done right away.. she told me to take our time making our decisions but she would close off our date.. I really like working with her so far.  Have any past brides or anyone that has been to the Jellyfish, what is the area around the restaurant like (safety wise)?


                I was there last june. FI and I rented a car and went up and down Punta Cana looking for the right hotel. We got lost several times, stopped at shopping centers, stopped to gas up, and I did not feel unsafe for a minute. It is not that populated but definitely not deserted. The locals are humble, but that does not mean or does not give the impression that they are checking you out. As you would in the States or Canada, don't be care-free.


                [SIGPIC]

                #18 KJ Shea

                KJ Shea
                • Newbie
                • 110 posts

                  Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

                  Hi,

                   

                  We orderd our cake through Mayte. You can pretty much get any flavor you can think of. We decided on a two tier square cake with totally different flavors in each layer. The cake tasted amazing. And she arranged it beautifully with flowers, ribbons around the layers and our cake topper.



                  #19 Mel2010

                  Mel2010
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 219 posts

                    Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

                    Hey ladies,

                     

                    I see that some of you have had the chance to reach Mayte. Can one of you confirm her email address again to me because I've tried contacting her twice and still got no response. :( I'd really like to have both my ceremony and reception at this restaurant and have only 10mths to plan my wedding. Starting to freak out a little, lol. I don't even have brochures or anything. Only the price list that someone posted earlier..thank goodness! I know that she is very busy but I'm scared to loose my preferred date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)



                    #20 Labebita911

                    Labebita911
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 303 posts

                      Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

                      I am having this same problem. I have emailed 3 times in the past month and not one response yet!!! im getting really frustrated..
                       

                      Originally Posted by Mel2010 

                      Hey ladies,

                       

                      I see that some of you have had the chance to reach Mayte. Can one of you confirm her email address again to me because I've tried contacting her twice and still got no response. :( I'd really like to have both my ceremony and reception at this restaurant and have only 10mths to plan my wedding. Starting to freak out a little, lol. I don't even have brochures or anything. Only the price list that someone posted earlier..thank goodness! I know that she is very busy but I'm scared to loose my preferred date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)



                       


                      Future Mrs. Perez 2012

                      The Royal Cancun

                      Cancun, MX

                      July 14, 2012

                      Bride and Groom plus

                      20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users