Photo

My Ocho Rui Wedding Jan 31 08

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 juanslake

juanslake
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

Sounds like it was a blast! Now I'm thinking of a Seagrape reception! So the table and DJ are right there on the beach? Would we need to got dinner first? I have a 4pm wedding. What your advice new bride?
    4pm ceremony
    dinner @ mamee bay
    then seagrape reception on the beach?

#32 KtownBride

KtownBride
    • 39 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

Again the DJ was totally worth it. I didn't want the headache of mastering my own tunes, and he did a great job incorporating the music I brought and his own stuff.
      Tables and dj are right on the beach. We had dinner first at Mammee Bay also. You can have dinner on the ebach as well @ Seagrape, but they charge you $50 per person. I would totally recommend Seagrape reception!!!

#33 Mich

Mich
      • 96 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

Thanks so much for the info....very helpful.

#34 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:35 PM

Your pics look GREAT. I love the colors & your flowers. You looked like you had a wonderful time. And you've totally got me really considering having my reception at Seagrape!
          Thanks again!

#35 march1508

march1508
          • 117 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

its so refreshing when brides come back with such positive reviews..u look like u had a blast..
            and the room upgrade..was that FREE?? if so that is awesome.. please tell how u manage to make that happen..especially with the jacuzzi suite.. i also booked the jr suite, but was curious to know how much additional they would charge to upgrade once we get there..

again u looked absoulutely stunning..congrats to u..
            please post some more pics..would love to see them..or if u like could u email them sariah129@aol.com

thanks

octavia `

#36 cantwaittobemrs

cantwaittobemrs
            • 148 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:13 PM

Congrats! The Seagrape looks like so much fun! You look beautiful, and so happy! Congrats again!

#37 albianstar

albianstar
              • 82 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

I 100 Percent agree about hte disco
                The plantation reception for us was great and the seagrape looks awesome too

to us the disco was an option for people after the dinner etc if they wanted to party, but we just all hung out at the stage and watched the show after we had our private reception at which we did the speaches, cake cutting etc, we had the mento band there which was great also
                but too us the disco was kinda tacky for the reception - but that was our opinion

#38 Heidi

Heidi
                • 2,642 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

I think you're causing all of us who booked the disco to change our minds! haha! Thanks for the review! Great info, and your pictures are perfect. Congrats!!
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#39 KtownBride

KtownBride
                  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:15 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by march1508
                    and the room upgrade..was that FREE?? if so that is awesome.. please tell how u manage to make that happen..especially with the jacuzzi suite.. i also booked the jr suite, but was curious to know how much additional they would charge to upgrade once we get there..

`
                    The upgrade was free. But not gauranteed. I got the impresion, they will upgrade you to the best available suite, when available. We arrived on SUnday, but the upgrade wasn't available untill Tuesday. I had no idea what type of room we were getting until that day. What a nice surprise!

#40 KtownBride

KtownBride
                    • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:17 AM

Thanks everyone for all the nice compliments!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users