Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#1321 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,528 posts

    Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:56 PM

    hmmmm, ok that is making more sense now!

    Toya I honestly looked at the the cost of the stuff we would pay for separately and then the stuff in the packages, and it works out (for us) to be the same as the love package... hmmm I have no idea what we will do now lol
    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

    #1322 lrdavis23

    lrdavis23
    • Member
    • 876 posts

      Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by nsbride2010
      hmmmm, ok that is making more sense now!

      Toya I honestly looked at the the cost of the stuff we would pay for separately and then the stuff in the packages, and it works out (for us) to be the same as the love package... hmmm I have no idea what we will do now lol
      Yeh I'm going to sit down and compare and see what I need and don't need for example in the ultimate package I don't need the hair, makeup, the music trio, the pictures, the table centerpieces, and gazebo decor. However I do want the gold dinner package so I don't know what I am going to pick just yet lol....
      Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

      #1323 Tam

      Tam
      • Member
      • 551 posts

        Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

        I was up late last night adding up all the extras vs a package and for us it would still be cheaper to do the add ons. But questions like the chair cover pricing are good to know and I really like the idea of having the reception on the barcaza and then just partying it up at the disco afterwards.. going to look into pricing tonight for that.

        #1324 Tam

        Tam
        • Member
        • 551 posts

          Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

          Oh yeah, and WTH is with having to pay extra for everything over 20 people? Even the cake? Why is that not included in any of the packages? I don't even want any of the other desserts they offer in any of the packages, so why can't we substitute with a cake?

          #1325 lrdavis23

          lrdavis23
          • Member
          • 876 posts

            Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tam
            Oh yeah, and WTH is with having to pay extra for everything over 20 people? Even the cake? Why is that not included in any of the packages? I don't even want any of the other desserts they offer in any of the packages, so why can't we substitute with a cake?
            Tam if I'm not mistaken ( and I will check) I thought Deyanira told me that when we pay the extra per person that it included the cake and champagne too, but I am going to go thru my emails tomorrow at work to find where she said that.

            Oh yeh and I know another bride that substituted there dessert for the wedding cake.
            Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

            #1326 nsbride2010

            nsbride2010
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,528 posts

              Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:17 AM

              I am going to send an email tomorrow myself with all of these questions!

              Toya see thats the thing, I do need the trio, want the gold dinner, need the hair but not the makeup... and I'm sure that B and I would get something spa related anyway haha! I will check it all out tomorrow
              Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

              #1327 nsbride2010

              nsbride2010
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,528 posts

                Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:18 AM

                Toya I think you are right about the cake thing, cause I remember you telling me that! If the cake thing gets too pricey we will just forget about it and do the cake here at home!
                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

                #1328 Tam

                Tam
                • Member
                • 551 posts

                  Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:00 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nsbride2010
                  I am going to send an email tomorrow myself with all of these questions!

                  Toya see thats the thing, I do need the trio, want the gold dinner, need the hair but not the makeup... and I'm sure that B and I would get something spa related anyway haha! I will check it all out tomorrow
                  Nat,
                  I am the same as you... like the gold dinner, need hair, not makeup.. would like a photog, but the FI still says no we have enough people there who are good with pics... I still am not convinced but do not want to have to pay $2000 just to get a photog...

                  #1329 lharkins

                  lharkins
                  • Newbie
                  • 23 posts

                    Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:56 AM

                    We are looking to get married at Dreams Punta Cana in July 2010 - but I can't seem to find a good price... the quotes we are getting are 1800.00, we are trying to get closer to the 1500 mark.. anyone have any recommendations?

                    #1330 Jocy

                    Jocy
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 209 posts

                      Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

                      Oh my goodness, i've missed so much!!

                      Great information from everyone so far. Thanks for sharing!!

                      The only two bits i can add is confirming that Carolina told me we are definitely allowed dancing / music / DJ on the terraces.

                      She also said that they will set up a ceremony rehearsal for you for free. The price listed in the package is for a rehearsal dinner only.

                      I'm now totally clueless weather or not we should go with the "free" package or one of the more expansive (inclusive) ones. I'll have to crunch the numbers today.

                      But we are all under the impression that the $15 per person set up fee does not apply with any of the packages??

                      Thanks ladies, hopefully today will be slightly less stressful than the past two days!

                      x




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users