Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#1191 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
  • Jr. Member
  • 330 posts

    Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

    Honestly, I am sooo thankful for this website! I don't know how to do anything wedding related and everything on heres been a big help!
    Have a good day :-)

    #1192 SSNM

    SSNM
    • Member
    • 675 posts

      Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

      It is great, isn't it Jenn!

      Tam, I perused your website and I like it! I just have one question: isn't there a $10 USD fee for the tourist card? I think they make you pay that at the airport/customs in the Dominican Republic in order to be able to visit there. That might be something to verify and then let our guests know on our websites. Also, it may be something that the TA takes care of in their fees, but not always. It is worth checking out.

      #1193 nsbride2010

      nsbride2010
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,528 posts

        Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

        SSNM It is definitely something that exists, and each person needs to check with their TA to see if the fee is covered. Because it is so new, most often it isn't covered!
        Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

        #1194 Tam

        Tam
        • Member
        • 551 posts

          Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by nsbride2010
          SSNM It is definitely something that exists, and each person needs to check with their TA to see if the fee is covered. Because it is so new, most often it isn't covered!
          I have never heard of a TA covering the tourist fee. I've always been the one to pay it.. I thought that was in my website.. have to check again.
          Tulle is super cheap (and light) to take with you.. Michaels always has 40-50& off coupons so it's worth it.. I think the hotel should provide that too, but I'll bet they charge as with everything else. If they charge than I will bring my own.

          Still haven't picked up that TTD dress yet.. never heard back from the girl yet.. why do I always have this luck

          FOr any of you Canadian brides, Kitchen stuff plus is having tealights (clear) on sale : $1/30 pack!! cheap cheap, love that, I bought 4 of them..

          #1195 nsbride2010

          nsbride2010
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,528 posts

            Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tam
            I have never heard of a TA covering the tourist fee. I've always been the one to pay it.. I thought that was in my website.. have to check again.
            Tulle is super cheap (and light) to take with you.. Michaels always has 40-50& off coupons so it's worth it.. I think the hotel should provide that too, but I'll bet they charge as with everything else. If they charge than I will bring my own.

            Still haven't picked up that TTD dress yet.. never heard back from the girl yet.. why do I always have this luck

            FOr any of you Canadian brides, Kitchen stuff plus is having tealights (clear) on sale : $1/30 pack!! cheap cheap, love that, I bought 4 of them..
            Yeah for the tourist fee, some carriers will cover it... once I traveled with Apple Vacations and they did, and Sunwing did not. That was the departure tax though... I am telling all of my guests about it so they are aware!
            Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

            #1196 cogswellgray

            cogswellgray
            • Jr. Member
            • 330 posts

              Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

              off subject! sorry! is dreams offering you any centerpeices for the reception?

              #1197 Tam

              Tam
              • Member
              • 551 posts

                Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by cogswellgray
                off subject! sorry! is dreams offering you any centerpeices for the reception?
                NOt sure , but I think they only offer floral centrepieces... and they're $90/table...
                I will check to see if I still have any info on it.

                #1198 annidas

                annidas
                • Newbie
                • 22 posts

                  Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:28 AM

                  Hey ladies...I just want to say thanks for all the info...this forum was very helpful in planning my big day...im heading down on Sunday and getting married on Friday Nov 27th...ill post a review when I get back! Im super excited! if you have any last min tips please let me know :)

                  #1199 cogswellgray

                  cogswellgray
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 330 posts

                    Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by annidas
                    Hey ladies...I just want to say thanks for all the info...this forum was very helpful in planning my big day...im heading down on Sunday and getting married on Friday Nov 27th...ill post a review when I get back! Im super excited! if you have any last min tips please let me know :)
                    heres a tip: relax, enjoy yourself and don't sweat the small stuff!

                    You'll have to post some pics when you get back! Have fun!

                    #1200 nsbride2010

                    nsbride2010
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,528 posts

                      Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

                      I agree with Jen, just relax, and enjoy it! :) It goes fast, and will be over before you know, so have a blast!
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users