Paradisus Punta cana Brides- DJ or IPOD

Hi Lisa,

I'm not sure if you remember me. My name is Rachel and I got married a few days before you (at the Paradisus Punta Cana). I just received our marriage certificate in the mail. I'm a little confused. DMV (Dpt. of Motor Vehichles, social security, etc.) are not accepting out of the country marriage certificates for name changes. Therefore, I'm hearing that I have to go through this WHOLE process (and pay $210) to OFFICIALLY change my name (kind of what people go through during divorces). It sounds like a PAIN IN THE BUTT! Do you know anything about this?

Thanks for any advice,

Rachel

I think I am going to use and ipod as well. What kind of cables will I need to hook it up to the speakers. I read on an earlier post that I will need to bring cables? I am having my reception on the beach...will an ipod suffice?

Also what about music for the ceremony...can I play what I want to walk down to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrysNelson View Post
I think I am going to use and ipod as well. What kind of cables will I need to hook it up to the speakers. I read on an earlier post that I will need to bring cables? I am having my reception on the beach...will an ipod suffice?
Also what about music for the ceremony...can I play what I want to walk down to?
Viviana told me I'd have to bring cables to hook up to the speakers. Only I never figured out exactly which cables were needed, so I simply transfered the different playlists to CD's and that worked fine.

I also had a CD for pre-ceremony / ceremony / post ceremony, etc so we played our own music for the ceremony as well (and I left my CD's with the WC so they should have them, lol).

I brought my music on cd's and was so hapy that I did that - the PA system that they list is for CD and we brought more music than we needed. If you have a particular ceremony song I suggest that you have one of your guest appointed as a DJ and write down at what moments you want the song played - Make your most important songs on a single disc since it only holds one CD at a time. The PA system comes with a microphone and travels with you throughout your whole wedding. If you have any questions feel free to ask just got back two weeks ago from my wedding

• 2 weeks later...

We used an IPOD and brought CDs as back up. I had assigned the duty of making the song list to one of my BM and i only had the 1st dance songs on my IPOD. the day of the wedding i listened to her IPOD and I HATED the songs that she had on there! I was pissed. But what saved us was sooooo many people had an IPOD so during the reception we used my IPOD for the introduction of the wedidng party, the bride and groom 1st dance, my dance with my father, and Kevins dance with my mother. Then we switched to one of the IPODs that a guest had and we partied! I am sooooo glad that we didnt pay for a DJ (or the dance floor) because it would have been a waste of money. People were tired so they danced and drank and slowly but surely people started leaving. If we would have paid for a DJ i would have been really upset if anyone left!