Photo

Paradisus Punta cana Brides- DJ or IPOD

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Otis1230

Otis1230
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

Does anyone know how good the DJ is at the paradisus Punta cana.
    We are onlya party of 25 and I told the WC a DJ but after reading some posts. Maybe not.. Anyone wiith DJ feed back or what is needed to hook up the IPOD
    Michael & Lisa
    April 25th, 2008
    Paradisus Punta Cana

#2 MrsTrussell2B

MrsTrussell2B
    • 90 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

I am having my wedding at Paradisus Palma Real. I am also considering using an IPOD but i am worried about sound quality and compatibility of equipment

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:20 PM

We are using an iPod and backing everything up on CD.

Remember you have to bring the cables to hook up to the speakers though. They are not provided.

#4 LindsayG

LindsayG
        • 95 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

We are doing the iPod. My best friend has a fancy one that she is hooked on, so I gave her the honor of getting the playlist setup - I'm just suggesting a list of songs and she'll fill in the blank.

I just didn't want to add so much to my budget for a DJ that probably won't play stuff we want to hear anyway...
          Lindsay & Billy
          July 11, 2008
          Paradisus Punta Cana

#5 Otis1230

Otis1230
          • 130 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

I really wanted to do ipod instead of dj- but the wc still last week quoted me 150.00 an hour for the setup
            Michael & Lisa
            April 25th, 2008
            Paradisus Punta Cana

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Otis1230
              I really wanted to do ipod instead of dj- but the wc still last week quoted me 150.00 an hour for the setup
              Negotiate with her ... and bring the print-out of the price list b/c the price list reads $150. It doesn't say $150 per hour.

#7 molly

molly
              • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

This may be a silly question, but if you do the DJ, will he announce our first dance...and the dance with my father? B/C if he/she won't, then maybe I should go with the IPOD as well.
                Molly and Jamie
                October 25, 2008

http://www.whenismyw....dd9e420424.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.

#8 Otis1230

Otis1230
                • 130 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

WE had a MC- We had a friend do all the annoucing- our dance, father daughter dance, speeches , etc...
                  The DJ doesn't intro anything at the paradisus punta cana- you could always ask the wedding people too
                  Michael & Lisa
                  April 25th, 2008
                  Paradisus Punta Cana

#9 molly

molly
                  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:06 AM

Thanks so much for the info...I'm thinking I should ask my MOH to do this. Thanks again!!
                    Molly and Jamie
                    October 25, 2008

http://www.whenismyw....dd9e420424.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.

#10 RZurla

RZurla
                    • 49 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

I used the PA system and it was fine for me - I brought CD's of my music and asked one of my guests to do the music and make the announcements (that I wrote exactly when and what to say for him to read) and it was fine.

The invoice and what I requested up front was for 1 hour which is 100.00 but they actually let me keep it from the ceremony until the restaurant at the end ( more like 5 hours). The PA system travels with you throughout the whole resort if you want to - its that small, but loud enough, I guess it depends on what type of crowd you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users