Photo

Golf outing in Cabo

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:45 AM

Tammy I would love to see what you find out on golfing! We are planning a golf outing as well!

#12 BVP

BVP
    • 108 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:47 PM

I know Tammy will come up with all the info on golf, as I do not have exact prices - but we have 11 championship courses out here, including Nicklaus and Norman courses. Most are Crazy Expensive.... The most beautiful to play are Cabo Del Sol and El Dorado.

The least expensive is The Raven Golf Course at the CSL Country Club - however it is not an ocean course.

Most if the courses have better 'twylight' rates - but that kind of defeats the purpose of a day activity. -

Plan on spending 200-300 for green fees.

Suggestion for snorkeling would be The Tropicat.
      TROPICAT CABO SAN LUCAS SAILING JAZZ CRUISE CATAMARAN - it is a huge and sturdy catamaran with very nice amenities, great crew and a super fun day for all.
      Also try Pez Gato CABO SAN LUCAS SAILING PEZ GATO
      You can reserve online with both.

JT WATERSPORTS has Kayaking, Jetskis out of the beach at Melia Cabo Real on the corridor, or Medano Beach in Cabo.

Janet's suggestion of Ziplining is great also - I know they really enjoyed it.

Sounds like your guests are going to have a great time!

#13 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
      • 1,188 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BVP
        I know Tammy will come up with all the info on golf, as I do not have exact prices - but we have 11 championship courses out here, including Nicklaus and Norman courses. Most are Crazy Expensive.... The most beautiful to play are Cabo Del Sol and El Dorado.

The least expensive is The Raven Golf Course at the CSL Country Club - however it is not an ocean course.

Most if the courses have better 'twylight' rates - but that kind of defeats the purpose of a day activity. -

Plan on spending 200-300 for green fees.

Suggestion for snorkeling would be The Tropicat.
        TROPICAT CABO SAN LUCAS SAILING JAZZ CRUISE CATAMARAN - it is a huge and sturdy catamaran with very nice amenities, great crew and a super fun day for all.
        Also try Pez Gato CABO SAN LUCAS SAILING PEZ GATO
        You can reserve online with both.

JT WATERSPORTS has Kayaking, Jetskis out of the beach at Melia Cabo Real on the corridor, or Medano Beach in Cabo.

Janet's suggestion of Ziplining is great also - I know they really enjoyed it.

Sounds like your guests are going to have a great time!
        I just want to say that I am not having a video at our wedding but if I were I would TOTALLY use BajaVideoProductions. She is so great about giving us the inside info about Cabo and has been very helpful with suggestions. I am sure she is a true jem! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVISE - we appriciate it!
        Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
        http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#14 jpkw

jpkw
        • VIP Member
        • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:28 PM

We will probably have about 10 golfers (maybe more?). Please let me know what you can find out about group rates -thanks so much! I also am interested in the snorkeling/boat trip just so we have an activity for the families with kids as well. I have to look into the zip line as well - is there an age limit for this? great ideas! thanks!!

#15 BVP

BVP
          • 108 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL
            I just want to say that I am not having a video at our wedding but if I were I would TOTALLY use BajaVideoProductions. She is so great about giving us the inside info about Cabo and has been very helpful with suggestions. I am sure she is a true jem! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVISE - we appriciate it!
            Thank you Sarah - you are a sweetheart!
            I totally enjoy spending time on the forum and am so happy to help with whatever I can.. - I have learned alot from you all as well!
            Happy Holidays to you, M back to ya...

#16 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:01 PM

Tammy, were you able to contact anyone in regards to the golf? I got one quote from Cabo Real Golf course and I was just curious if you or anyone else had some ideas?

Thanks

#17 jpkw

jpkw
              • VIP Member
              • 1,650 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

I finally got some golf quotes from the concierge at Dreams. Attached are the prices. I have decided not to organize a golf event and instead I just sent out the golf price list to my guests & those interested can organize it on their own.

I am doing a snorkel trip through JT Watersports. They have been really easy to work with & very helpful!

#18 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                • VIP Member
                • 931 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

I just wanted to let ya'll know that my DH did a group golf outing at Groupo Maya (I think??) near San Jose.

there were 16 guys and he arranged for a price of $50 each or $60 with club rental and cart. The course is only a 9 hole so they played it twice. They all really enjoyed golfing there. hope that helps someone.

#19 NHPT

NHPT
                  • 3,848 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

does anyone have the contact info for JT watersports?
                    Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#20 jpkw

jpkw
                    • VIP Member
                    • 1,650 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

JT Watersports
                      email: beachfun@jtwatersports.com
                      Toll free # 866 241 9899.

The manager is named Dan Hewit. He's on vacation until the end of the week but his partner can help you. Tell him I recommended you (he's doing my tour on June 2 & has been great)!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users