Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rodent

Anyone have a short leg?

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic Dragomire View Post
my friend had one leg shorter than the other and he walked with a noticeable limp... we called him pegleg for short... he knew we loved him, but it was hella funny when we would call hi that in public!
I can be Captain Morgan with a peg leg! Arrr, mateys. hijacked.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I love that you blame it on your short leg. I think almost everyone has a little case of restless leg syndrome sometimes. I get it if I've stayed up too late or if I sit too long. I didn't know it was a syndrome until I saw a commercial. So I like to blame stuff on my RLS. If mike is pestering me I'll yell, "you are activating my RLS!" So since I've been thinking more about my short leg lately I will tell him not to activate the RLS in my short leg.

There is an Elmo that sings twist & shout and he says something like "cut the foot off elmo." It was something an angry employee snuck in. Poor elmo with a short leg & no feet.
Okay, so I was telling/reading this thread to FI (with a little elmo reminiscence). And he told me I have to post that he (FI, not elmo) has RTLS. What a perv...but funny enough that I had to post! Restless Third Leg Syndrome. Poor guy, heard that it is uncurable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieRN View Post
Okay, so I was telling/reading this thread to FI (with a little elmo reminiscence). And he told me I have to post that he (FI, not elmo) has RTLS. What a perv...but funny enough that I had to post! Restless Third Leg Syndrome. Poor guy, heard that it is uncurable.
This may have been the most fun day I have ever had on the forum. I am laughing so hard! I read RTLS over & over trying to figure out what you meant. I gave up & finished the sentence & now I know what that extra T is for.

Have you seen the side effects for RLS medicine? Increased gambling & sexual addiction. I can't imagine what RTLS pills would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
No kidding. Anyone married to a dermatologist? Help me get rid of these dark circles. :)

I'm glad you got help! I too felt a lot of my back and neck pain go away just from having the chiro put me back in alignment. You will feel so better!
rach, so funny you mention this... after the thread convo we had about a week ago about undereye circles and someone posted about being able to get prescription creams possibly, i called my dermatologist to make an appointment to talk about it! i also have two scars on my upper back from some surgery i had two years ago, and i noticed in the pics my cousin took of me in my wedding dress that the scars looked really bad to me. then my FI made a comment about them too so i was like well maybe the dermatologist can do something for me. my sister got some similar scars on her chest injected with cortisone and they got much better. i have mild ehlers danlos syndrome, so i scar really really bad and theres not a lot that helps me, but the curad scar therapy patches ease the color of my scars if i use them religiously. anywho, i go on saturday morning so i will report back with the findings on the undereye circles!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauraw View Post
rach, so funny you mention this... after the thread convo we had about a week ago about undereye circles and someone posted about being able to get prescription creams possibly, i called my dermatologist to make an appointment to talk about it! i also have two scars on my upper back from some surgery i had two years ago, and i noticed in the pics my cousin took of me in my wedding dress that the scars looked really bad to me. then my FI made a comment about them too so i was like well maybe the dermatologist can do something for me. my sister got some similar scars on her chest injected with cortisone and they got much better. i have mild ehlers danlos syndrome, so i scar really really bad and theres not a lot that helps me, but the curad scar therapy patches ease the color of my scars if i use them religiously. anywho, i go on saturday morning so i will report back with the findings on the undereye circles!!

If you can't get the scars better by your wedding, I can photoshop them out of a few of your favorite pictures. It's not a hard fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I just gave the computer to my husband and he read your post but not everyone elses. Below are his suggestions.

____________________________________________

I can give my opinion from things I've seen in the past. Chiropractors deal with this ALL the time. We handle both the structural short leg (where one leg is actually shorter than the other) and a functional short leg (where they appear to be shorter due to something else going on). I agree that there is a lot going on muscularly (if that's even a word) and doing the exercises and getting things stretched out and worked on will help a ton. There is also usually something going on with the joints in your pelvis and back. These joints can become fixated, and not move the way that they are supposed to. This can actually cause the muscular tightness AND the functional short leg. A chiropractor can adjust these joints to restore the proper function/motion and also help with the muscular imbalance.

 

One other thing that I would recommend would be to get a scoliosis check. Sometimes a functional short leg can be a compensating factor for something like scoliosis or possibly a transitional segment. A transitional segment can form in your low back generally with the 5th (or last) lumbar vertebra. As the vertebra forms it can connect with the sacrum in a way that it isn't supposed to and throw the whole pelvis/low back off. Scoliosis can also start to form as a compensation from another problem that you have going on, so it can even start later in life. A current check might be a good idea.

 

I hope some of that helped, and if you have ANY questions about anything down the road, feel free to ask!

__________________________________________________

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I'm just getting up to speed on this thread. That's crazy stuff. I can only imagine that it would be quite painful!

 

My Mom doesn't have problems with her legs, but she was born with a club foot and now her feet are 2 sizes different, which makes shoe buying difficult. Her Mom used to buy two pairs, one to fiize ... but Mom just makes sure she either buys lace-up tennis shoes or sling backs where she can adjust the fit.

 

My SIL must have hip alignment issues, or truly different length legs b/c she walks a little odd, as if there is a leg height difference ... but now I wonder as well if it's an alignment issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
Wow, I'm just getting up to speed on this thread. That's crazy stuff. I can only imagine that it would be quite painful!

My Mom doesn't have problems with her legs, but she was born with a club foot and now her feet are 2 sizes different, which makes shoe buying difficult. Her Mom used to buy two pairs, one to fiize ... but Mom just makes sure she either buys lace-up tennis shoes or sling backs where she can adjust the fit.

My SIL must have hip alignment issues, or truly different length legs b/c she walks a little odd, as if there is a leg height difference ... but now I wonder as well if it's an alignment issue...
It's usually an alignment issue. Do the measurement thing my PT did to figure out which one it is. She had me hold the tape measure & made marks on me with a pen to keep it as accurate as possible.

My right foot is a half size smaller so it gets blisters easier from the shoe being too big. It's not enough to make it worth buying two pairs of shoes. Sometimes I put thick ds tape in the back to keep my right shoe on tight. I have joked about starting a website called solemates.com. It's like match.com but for people to swap shoes. We would match you up with your solemate based on a bunch of questions. Shoesize being the most important. So I'd need someone with a size 8 1/2 left & 9 right. Other things that matter will be style of shoes you like, how much you spend on your shoes, how often you buy new ones, etc. Then everytime you buy shoes, you get 2 pairs & send 1 pair to your solemate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×