• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:06 PM

Seriously - and I can tell you, Ed, look at it in such a practical way! It really seems so much more cut and dry that way. Good work.

#32 BVP

BVP
    • 108 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:13 PM

YAY - A BOY!!!! - Just logged on and discovered ED! - I think it is SO cool that you are planning your wedding - ussually the bride has to do it all!

Looks like you have gotten a ton of great advice already... Welcome!
      Marci

#33 eychoi

eychoi
      • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

I'm a planner. My fiancee hasn't really gotten into planning yet, because she wants to enjoy the engagement, but I feel time is of the essence, so I've kinda taken over.

#34 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:17 PM

ed, if you want an oct/nov wedding you have some time to pick the perfect spot for you guys!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#35 eychoi

eychoi
        • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:23 PM

The time kinda depends on the place. For Hawaii, November is beginning of rainy season. So, it might be sooner, like in August or early September. If Cabo, then we're a little more flexible. So, I've been trying to pin down a location, but it's been difficult. Now, I'm going back and forth over Princeville vs. Grand Hyatt, if we wanted to do in Hawaii..... or if in Maui, Four Seasons, Ritz, or if in Oahu, Kahala or Hakeluni.... As you can tell, it's difficult.

#36 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:26 PM

it is sooo hard to ick a location because there are so many great places to get married...hawaii, mexico, caribbean, italy, france, fiji.

the list goes on and on.

have you visited mexico before? there is also a four seasons in punta mita (near Puerto vallarta)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#37 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:39 PM

Interesting juxtaposition going on here!!

Man(Ed) = all business, numbers, practicality

Women(US) = all feelings, what-if's, and all of the man stuff mixed in with recurring bouts of psychosis.

Nice! I wonder if we will ever see Ed post a vent about non-RSVPers or FMIL crap? Hehehe....

#38 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:57 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by eychoi
              I'm a planner. My fiancee hasn't really gotten into planning yet, because she wants to enjoy the engagement, but I feel time is of the essence, so I've kinda taken over.

Welcome to the forum Ed. If you are a planner than you will love it here. You can ask any question you want and I swear it either gets answered or you are at the very least pointed in the right direction!
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#39 eychoi

eychoi
              • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:02 PM

All the advice has been invaluable. I am now checking out the Four Seasons. Looks great. Does the use of a wedding consultant/planner help reduce costs or are they consistent even I'm dealing with them personally?

#40 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:13 PM

well alot of the resorts you are looking at will either have an on-site coordinator or a list of preferred coordinators/vendors...so you may want to narrow down your choices on where you want to be (hawaii or mexico), then pick a few resorts and go from there.

if you include a WC now it might confuse you....

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users