Cabo
    August to November

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:29 PM

Welcome, Ed! It looks like you guys just started planning - how's it going so far? Have you narrowed it down to any favorite resorts or locations? Let us know how we can help!

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:32 PM

YEAH our first brave man to join the forum.. :-) Welcome Ed, please tell us more about your planning.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:50 PM

welcome to the forum ed...we have one other groom on here...

let us know how we can help..just FYI, august and sept. are very hot in cabo so Oct. nov. may be a better choice for you.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 eychoi

eychoi
        • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for the welcome.
          I just got engaged 10 days ago.
          We are really not sure where we want to have it. Cabo's starting to look good, but I'm trying to stay away from Cabo San Lucas. My family's conservative, and I don't think they'd love the party atmosphere, if any. So, looking a little more north. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated. We're looking to spend no more than $15 to 20K for about 20 to 40 guests. Are the more luxury resorts out of reach?

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by eychoi
          Thanks for the welcome.
          I just got engaged 10 days ago.
          We are really not sure where we want to have it. Cabo's starting to look good, but I'm trying to stay away from Cabo San Lucas. My family's conservative, and I don't think they'd love the party atmosphere, if any. So, looking a little more north. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated. We're looking to spend no more than $15 to 20K for about 20 to 40 guests. Are the more luxury resorts out of reach?
          Hi Ed,

the corridor may be the best choice for you...i got married at the corridor. it is beautiful and quieter...not a party scene at all.

would you pay for your guests accomodations? or is you budget just for you and your fiancee's travel costs and the ceremony/reception?

i originally looked into Las Ventanas amd the One and Only for my wedding but knew we could not afford to pay for all of our guests to stay there...we also didn't feel right about having them stay somewhere else...if $ were not an issue for me i would have loved to get married at the One and Only...there is an amazing slideshow taken there...

http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t994

ps. congratulations on the recent engagement.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 eychoi

eychoi
          • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:10 PM

Hi,
            We would just pay for my fiancee's family. I just got a quote from Esperanza, which looks like a fabulous place. The One & Only also sent something, and it was kinda expensive, only because the minimum drink and beverage was $12,000. My dream places in Cabo, so far, are Las Ventanas, Esperanza, and One & Only.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by eychoi
            Hi,
            We would just pay for my fiancee's family. I just got a quote from Esperanza, which looks like a fabulous place. The One & Only also sent something, and it was kinda expensive, only because the minimum drink and beverage was $12,000. My dream places in Cabo, so far, are Las Ventanas, Esperanza, and One & Only.
            those are my favorite places in cabo as well! the min. food prices at las ventanas and one and only are scary...also, be sure to ask if they allow outside music (DJ or band).

also, those places have seasonal rates and they go up quite a bit mid-late oct. so try to have your wedding early oct. ,if you can, to get the best rates and best weather.

Awards and recognition: 

#9 eychoi

eychoi
            • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:20 PM

Oh, btw, TammyM, I work at World Poker Tour.. I noticed your Poker Champion.

My fiancee's little sis wants to pet dolphins, and my fiancee wants to jet ski.. Are those activities nearby anywhere? Can I get away with $15 to 20K in Cabo for 30 peeps in a four to five star venue? I need to align my expectations to reality.

#10 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

LOL,, well then Ed I'm sure you will be taking my title away from me soon. :-)

I think 15-20k is very reasonable for a small wedding, even more so if you do an AI resort. I think those activities are possible in Cabo, well I know the jet ski is, but you'll have go closer to Cabo San Lucus for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users