Jump to content
Nathan and Cynthia

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Recommended Posts


 

Originally Posted by Chule0307 View Post

Hey Roxy1122,

 

That sounds soooooo exciting!!!! I have been to the GP and stayed at the Royal and it was amazing!!!!!! So many amenities that they offer that I cannot resist but to stay at the ROYAL. Alan and I have a Romance Suite booked for 9 days. Last year we stayed in a Junior suite and it was FAbuloUS!!! so...cannot imagine what the new room will look like. I honestly think that once you get a

taste of the ROYAL, you will not want to go anywhere elsewoot.gif


Hi Chule:

 

Yes I visited the GP this August and stayed in a Romance suite in Bavaro, sooooooooooo nice!! I saw the Royal section and it definitely looks sooo relaxing and luxurious :) Yay I get more and more excited every day! What other planning do you still need to do? I have to decide all the details like decorations, my hair, makeup, dress accessories, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by roxy1122View Post

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chule0307 View Post

 

Hey Roxy1122,

 

That sounds soooooo exciting!!!! I have been to the GP and stayed at the Royal and it was amazing!!!!!! So many amenities that they offer that I cannot resist but to stay at the ROYAL. Alan and I have a Romance Suite booked for 9 days. Last year we stayed in a Junior suite and it was FAbuloUS!!! so...cannot imagine what the new room will look like. I honestly think that once you get a

taste of the ROYAL, you will not want to go anywhere elsewoot.gif

 

Hi Chule:

 

Yes I visited the GP this August and stayed in a Romance suite in Bavaro, sooooooooooo nice!! I saw the Royal section and it definitely looks sooo relaxing and luxurious :) Yay I get more and more excited every day! What other planning do you still need to do? I have to decide all the details like decorations, my hair, makeup, dress accessories, etc.

 

Hey Roxy,

 

I just cannot wait! Almost 7 months to go...YAY!!!! So far I have some ideas for my hair (thinking of an updo for sure since its soooo hot out there in July). I have decoration pictures to show Carolina and centerpiece ideas as well. Alan and I decided to just rent the centerpieces so that we can just be done with everything down there and come back home with nothing! All I really have to do in regards to the decorations is choose my flowers, which I will meet up with a florist when I am down there. I am been stumped on what kind of shoes to find for the wedding day since we are planning a beach reception. Most likely will be barefoot but still need a sandal like shoe. Once it get warm I think I will find what I am looking for. I have been thinking about doing my own makeup but don't know how that will turn out b/c I want to look good for the pics.

I just received my invitations and think about sending them in mid January (after the holidays). I am anticipating to know how many guests will actually come. I need a head count to finalize tables and centerpieces. How about you? Have you sent out your invites yet? Do you know how many guests you will have?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi chule,

Yes I know with my thick hair I will definitely need an updo! Are you renting the centerpieces and decor from the hotel? If so, how much are they charging for that? For makeup I also am unsure about what to do, I may end up using a skilled guest or bridesmaid who is good with makeup or taking a chance with the spa and taking pictures of the look I want and bringing my own makeup just in case. I have not sent out the official invitations yet, they should be going out by early January! Most of my family is really excited about going, they look at it as not only a wedding but a vacation for themselves, so for the family and friends that have told me they are planning on going, I would say I have about 25 guests! How about you??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

hello ladies! Chule which florist are you using? I'm only 5 months away!! it's crunch time. I've heard that the salon does a nice job, but I'm having my moh do my hair and makeup, we already did a trial and I loved it.. My latest project is getting all my music done.  I sent out my invites last month, and gave people til February to rsvp, I'm sure that's a headache waiting to happen. I'm shipping all of my stuff down to my fi's mom's house in santo domingo in the next month or so. I have the list of centerpieces somewhere I'll post it later, I know they were like 60$ each

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies,

 

I have a few questions and am curious to know if you have any feedback?

 

Has anyone asked Carolina for quotes for centerpieces? I am comparing costs with bringing my own or renting them out at the resort.

 

Are you all mostly recording the ceremony music for your walk down the aisle for example, or relying on the resort to provide that? I just started to think about the songs I want to walk to as well as the rest of the bridal party. So many small details! Does the resort provide a cd player to play the ceremony music outside?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi roxy,

 

 

I have no idea yet how many guests will show up yet. I am anticipating to send the invitations out to have a realistic view as to how many guest will be there. Once I get the final guest # I can start my seating arrangements and table amounts.  undecided.gif

Originally Posted by roxy1122 View Post

Hi chule,

Yes I know with my thick hair I will definitely need an updo! Are you renting the centerpieces and decor from the hotel? If so, how much are they charging for that? For makeup I also am unsure about what to do, I may end up using a skilled guest or bridesmaid who is good with makeup or taking a chance with the spa and taking pictures of the look I want and bringing my own makeup just in case. I have not sent out the official invitations yet, they should be going out by early January! Most of my family is really excited about going, they look at it as not only a wedding but a vacation for themselves, so for the family and friends that have told me they are planning on going, I would say I have about 25 guests! How about you??



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1122 View Post

 

Hi ladies,

 

I have a few questions and am curious to know if you have any feedback?

 

Has anyone asked Carolina for quotes for centerpieces? I am comparing costs with bringing my own or renting them out at the resort.

 

Are you all mostly recording the ceremony music for your walk down the aisle for example, or relying on the resort to provide that? I just started to think about the songs I want to walk to as well as the rest of the bridal party. So many small details! Does the resort provide a cd player to play the ceremony music outside?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Hey Roxy,

 

I was quoted $60-$80 for the centerpiece by a local florist but it is a rented price. I figured renting the centerpieces is one less thing I will have to worry about. Alan and I are making a cd for the ceremony and the resort does provide a CD playercheer2.gif

Originally Posted by roxy1122 View Post

Hi ladies,

 

I have a few questions and am curious to know if you have any feedback?

 

Has anyone asked Carolina for quotes for centerpieces? I am comparing costs with bringing my own or renting them out at the resort.

 

Are you all mostly recording the ceremony music for your walk down the aisle for example, or relying on the resort to provide that? I just started to think about the songs I want to walk to as well as the rest of the bridal party. So many small details! Does the resort provide a cd player to play the ceremony music outside?

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey Chell44,

 

I am gonna be using El Tronco Floristeria. OMG girl only 5 months to go!!!!! cheer2.gif. You are so lucky you have figured out the hairdo. I have been doing research on hairstyles but don't know they willl look once I do the trail. I have also heard that the salon does a great job. I am sure that everything will turn out beautiful for you and your fiance :)
 

Originally Posted by chell44 View Post

  

hello ladies! Chule which florist are you using? I'm only 5 months away!! it's crunch time. I've heard that the salon does a nice job, but I'm having my moh do my hair and makeup, we already did a trial and I loved it.. My latest project is getting all my music done.  I sent out my invites last month, and gave people til February to rsvp, I'm sure that's a headache waiting to happen. I'm shipping all of my stuff down to my fi's mom's house in santo domingo in the next month or so. I have the list of centerpieces somewhere I'll post it later, I know they were like 60$ each



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×