Jump to content
Nathan and Cynthia

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msredbird51 View Post
Hi girls.

Let me first start off by introducing myself. I'm Dana, from St. Louis. My fiance, Mike, and I got engaged two weeks. We knew long before we ever got engaged that a destination wedding was what we wanted to do. So we were researching and trying to pick out a spot within 24 hours of our engagement (That's how long it took to spread the word to our parents and siblings and make sure they were officially onboard. Otherwise, it would've been immediately, lol.). We decided on Punta Cana in November 2010 rather quickly. Once we made that decision we researched resorts and fell in love with the Grand Palladium. So I think that's what we've decided on.

Along with perusing other threads on this site, I've read back through every single post and page in this thread, and I can't tell you how helpful this thread has already been to me! :)

However, we have not booked yet because we have one question. Well, we have many, many questions, which I'll post at a later date. Our most pressing question though is if we can/should book the travel before we have confirmation that our target date, or a date within 1-2 days of it, is available to get married.

I have a HUGE fear of booking all of this travel and then being told, "sorry, no times are available then".

I sent an email to Carolina at PC on Friday with this question (asking if we book travel first and if our date(s) are available) and have not heard back from yet. Reading through this thread I see that sometimes it can take her awhile to get back to you with answers to your emails. So I'm waiting, but also wonder how long to wait.

So I'm wondering......did you girls book your travel first, and then hope the wedding date would be available, or did you get confirmation on wedding date availability first?

Thanks!
Dana
Welcome!! Great to have another mid-westerner going to Punta Cana. And I appreciate that u are a Cardinals fan-I HATE THE CUBS!! and the cardinals are their biggest rival (and I have a crush on Pujolswink.gif Okay, focusing now.... I would suggest that you get the date confirmed first, there are a limited # of weddings per day. The travel is very easy to coordinate once you have a date. I would also recommend using Apple Vacations or Funjet to help with a group discount rate and arrange for different #of day packaages for your guests. I am using Apple through a TA and it's been great. They arrange for the airfare, hotel, and bus to and from the hotel (no need to worry about taxis).

Rebecca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
I did not get a good one -- haha but I'll spare you my horror stories on that issue.

I'm currently looking for a seamstress becase my dress is HUGE and I need to get it altered in a bunch of places - but I haven't found anyone decent here yet. I called one lady today, but she was really rude on the phone sad.gif So I'm back to square one.
I found a really good seamstress in orleans, are you close to orleanshuh.gif
she's bilingual Jeanne Rancourt 613-824-1367
my dress is a size 14 and I need a size 10. and it's gonna cost me under 100$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBuckley View Post
Girls,
Now you have me worried... Caroline has never asked for this info. I will have to ask out TA as she is the one doing most of the corresponding with the hotel. Hopefully my TA sent it all to her. Yikes!
Dawn we have the same TA/wedding planner, I'm pretty sure she's the one taking care of all that, but if you ear otherwise, let me know please hihihi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
I did not get a good one -- haha but I'll spare you my horror stories on that issue.

I'm currently looking for a seamstress becase my dress is HUGE and I need to get it altered in a bunch of places - but I haven't found anyone decent here yet. I called one lady today, but she was really rude on the phone sad.gif So I'm back to square one.

I have an Aunt who lives in Toronto, I just sent her an email asking if she know a good seamstress who can alter a wedding dress. I'll keep you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonzalez_83 View Post
Welcome!! Great to have another mid-westerner going to Punta Cana. And I appreciate that u are a Cardinals fan-I HATE THE CUBS!! and the cardinals are their biggest rival (and I have a crush on Pujolswink.gif Okay, focusing now.... I would suggest that you get the date confirmed first, there are a limited # of weddings per day. The travel is very easy to coordinate once you have a date. I would also recommend using Apple Vacations or Funjet to help with a group discount rate and arrange for different #of day packaages for your guests. I am using Apple through a TA and it's been great. They arrange for the airfare, hotel, and bus to and from the hotel (no need to worry about taxis).

Rebecca
lol, I'm Glad to see another Cubs hater here, too! Ready for the season to start. Go Cards! :)

Thanks for the welcome and advice. We've got a couple of agents pricing quotes for us and I've advised them all to use Apple, so I'm glad to hear someone else recommends them.

We're still waiting to hear from Carolina with a confirmation of the wedding date. How long did girls have to wait for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by isy_beau View Post
Dawn we have the same TA/wedding planner, I'm pretty sure she's the one taking care of all that, but if you ear otherwise, let me know please hihihi
Isy Beau,
Julie in Rockland, right? I emailed her to tell her I want to come in to pay her this week so I will ask about the confirmation, etc. Also we are having the DJ for the beach party so I need to know who he is and if he has a website, songlist, etc. Are you doing the beach party too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×