I may have a new dress! (LONG...)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

I never thought I'd buy another dress, but it looks like I may be doing just that. I bought my dress last June (of course after my mom told me I was buying way too early) and love it, but lately have been having second thoughts. It's beautiful, and I wanted tea-length, but now the more I think about it, I feel like a little girl in it and not as "bridal" as I want. The BIG thing that was holding me back is that my mom bought me the dress as her wedding gift to me; so I knew she'd be really upset if I wanted a new one.
    Well, I saw one on ebay in my size the other day from DB that I love. I got a Second Chance Offer to Buy It Now for $90! Well, I couldn't pass that up, so I called my mom to tell her that we needed to go to the store and try it on just to make sure it fit and I loved it on me before I paid for it on ebay. We went last night and...I didn't love it on me! But, then the sales guy brought out another one "just to try on"...my mom and I both LOVED it. It just makes me feel more like a bride and more grown-up I guess is the best way to say it.
    So now I'm waiting to hear back from David's Bridal to find out if I can exchange my first dress for the new one. I didn't even know I was allowed to exchange a wedding dress, but they said since they still carry it and the tags are still on, it's a definite possibility. If they won't allow it, then I will keep my original dress because I do still like it and I know it means a lot to my mom. She can't afford to buy me another dress, so I want to wear the one she pays for.
    Keep your fingers crossed that they will let me exchange it. I should hear by tomorrow night.

Pics (sorry, none of me in the dresses, my mom was clueless with my camera last night!). I promise to take better ones if I go back to the store:

My original dress: Click the image to open in full size.

The dress that I loved on ebay, but not on me: Click the image to open in full size.

The one that I really hope I get: Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Leia78

Leia78
    • VIP Member
    • 2,459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

I hope you get it Lizzy! You definately need to feel like a beautiful bride on your wedding day! I'm so glad I bought my other casablanca dress...but then that's it for us...no more shopping for wedding gowns

#3 Birdie07

Birdie07
      • 1,218 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

I love the first one. Maybe you can wear it to your reception?? The second one is mine so of course I looooooove that one haha. The third one I tried on b/c its similar to the second one. I love it too. I love all of them!! But if you feel like a bride in the third one then definately get it!!!!

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Lizz. They both are really nice but I know what you mean about not feeling like a bride. I originally wanted a shorter dress but after looking at the long bridal dresses and seeing everyone else's pictures in the long gowns, I decided I wanted the longer one too.

I hope David's let you exchange them!!!
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

Arrrgghhhh! Firewalls! I can't wait to go home and see your pics. But I know what one of them looks like because of Cali, and I had the same thing happen to me with that dress! Beautiful, but not for me.

#6 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:15 PM

Hey Lizz, I hope that it all works out & you get the dress that you LOVE. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

i hope you get it! exciting

#8 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

That's awesome that they do exchanges! I didn't know that either. Good luck and I hope it works out!

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

That's awesome that they do exchanges! I didn't know that either. Good luck and I hope it works out!

#10 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

So pretty! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users