#11 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

Jackie, I bet you could do it, personally I would make them, I have faith in you, and yes the fabric glue our iron on hem (stich witchery) will work for this particular situation.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#12 starfish kate

starfish kate
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:33 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Christine
    Jackie, I bet you could do it, personally I would make them, I have faith in you, and yes the fabric glue our iron on hem (stich witchery) will work for this particular situation.
    I was going to suggest the same thing- I use the iron-on stuff all the time for the hem on Mike's pants. It works very well and it's VERY easy to use. Try one and see how you like it.
    Kate

#13 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

To add my voice to the crowd - they are SO easy to make. Stich witchery is the answer, find the fabric you like, find a neutral backing (cheap felt is fine), put the stitch witchery between the two, iron, and you are done.

I know it seems like a big deal, but the ladies at your fabric shop will help (they LOVE a bride-to-be), they'll probably even cut the fabric to size and shape for you.

You can do it. We know you can.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#14 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:37 PM

thanks girls your right. I am going to make that my next project. I have actually used the fabric glue stuff for my gym pants and I think that would work fine. I'll be on the hunt for fabric after I finish my current project. Thanks again :)
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#15 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
      • 802 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

Let us know how this turns out Jackie B. I'm thinking of doing the same thing also!

#16 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
        • 802 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cheese_diva
          I don't think you would even have to sew them.. they have this fabric glue (think of a dryer sheet) that you put between the layers and iron.. it fuses them together and will probably suffice for such a project..

What is the name of this product and where can I find it?........i'm feeling a bit inspired today and i think that I want to try to make my own runners also!!

#17 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

I have thought about making my own runners as well. It'd be cheaper than renting.. my resort charges an arm and a leg for every detail

#18 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:44 PM

Wow, md ocr, super glad you bumped this thread! Has anyone used the iron-on hem stuff with organza? Would an iron melt that kind of fabric?

#19 Saraha

Saraha
            • 2,597 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JackieB
              A quick rundown.
              My colors are Dark Blue and Bright Pink
              I am having dark blue chair ties at the reception table
              I am having one long table
              on the table will be;
              tall hurricanes w/ candle
              Picture frame lumineers
              small vases of bright pink flowers

What I need but absolutly cant find and Mariana our w/c doesnt have is dark blue table runners, and the more I think about it, even If I could find them the chance of me matching the color of the runner to the chair ties is not good.

So finally my question. What do you think about bamboo table runners? They are pretty cheap and are a nuetral color. Here is a picture of one from orientaltradingcompany.com Try and picture it without the weird yellow table cloth underneath. What do you think? Yes or No?

Click the image to open in full size.
              Love the bamboo, and like you said you have no idea where to begin in a fabric store, these would be easy to transport!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users