Photo

Book: Eat this not that!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:53 PM

FH bought this great book ( it has pictures!) and it tells you which is the healthier choice at some resturaunts. My example for you is that it is better to get a ham, egg and cheese sandwich at Starbucks than a bran muffin! 380 calories more for the "harmless" muffin.

Amazon.com: Eat This Not That: Thousands of Simple Food Swaps That Can Save You 10, 20, 30 Pounds-or More!: Books: David Zinczenko,Matt Goulding

It also goes over some other important information like which candy is lower in calories. I would encourage you to look into it. Oh and FYI-you can finally find out about chipotles calorie count...eeeck.

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:06 PM

I will have to check this out.

Chipotle is so bad for you, if you eat the burrito bol is is like 1300 calories, and then if you eat a regular burrito it is like plus 900 or something crazy!! but it is so yummy...

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:27 PM

holy cow, i have got to check this book out. i just read the summary on amazon and i may drive to borders today to pick it up because i am so bad about making food choices outside of the house. if i dont bring my lunch to work, i will eat whatever is closest which is so bad.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

That's awesome. I love this kind of stuff -- but it only makes me realize that my favorite foods are oh-so-icky for me!!

I just got the book that Jean-Marcus recommended -- "The Abs Diet for Women."

My trainer says not to think there is truly an "Abs diet" ... lol ... but the book is pretty interesting and makes sense in a lot of ways.

It also gives you 12 MUST HAVE things for you fridge or pantry.

So, I am going grocery shopping this afternoon!

#5 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by StephanieMN
          FH bought this great book ( it has pictures!) and it tells you which is the healthier choice at some resturaunts. My example for you is that it is better to get a ham, egg and cheese sandwich at Starbucks than a bran muffin! 380 calories more for the "harmless" muffin.

Amazon.com: Eat This Not That: Thousands of Simple Food Swaps That Can Save You 10, 20, 30 Pounds-or More!: Books: David Zinczenko,Matt Goulding

It also goes over some other important information like which candy is lower in calories. I would encourage you to look into it. Oh and FYI-you can finally find out about chipotles calorie count...eeeck.
          Oh, I just checked out the link and this book is by the same author as the Abs Diet book I was talking about in the above post.

I like the way he writes in the Abs Diet so I will definitely check out the "Eat This" book too.

Amazon.com: The Abs Diet for Women: The Six-Week Plan to Flatten Your Belly and Firm Up Your Body for Life: Books: David Zinczenko,Ted Spiker

#6 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
          • 1,798 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:27 PM

Ms Shelley, sorry but you must check this out
            Chipotle Nutrition Facts Calculator - How healthy is your Chipotle?

#7 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,680 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
            • LocationUtah

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:32 PM

I spent an hour this morning in books a million and didn't even see this... I know I would have bought it though. It sounds pretty cool and definitley helpful for myself. I ended up buying "skinny bitch". heheh I like saying it I think

#8 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

baja fresh isn't much better! Well it is a littyle better but still - holy calorie counts!
              Baja Fresh

I can't believe at Chipotle that the tortilla all by itself is 330 calories and 9 grams of fat! I mean what is it made out of - 100% pure lard?
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users