Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuicyJx View Post
even more disappointing news.. now they have conventions going on until March.. so no luck here!! sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif
So they can't give you any date until March? Wow, i can't believe that. If you really love this hotel compared to the Meridian. Than i would find a date that's not booked. Even though a 3 day weekend is more convenient for people, i'm sure they won't mind taking a day off if you picked another date.

My date was my 4th choice, all the other ones i wanted were booked.

That sucks ! My original answer was saying to change the date to Friday, but since they're now not available until March, I say your best bet is to go with your resort choice # 2. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari2566 View Post
Wow, that stinks! Perhaps the Le Meridian can work with you on dates.
I really hope so.. I guess they make more $$ from these conventions and weddings are #2.. ughh back to square one.. again...

Just to add, is it more expensive to fly on President's day? That's something to consider too. They always jack up prices for holidays and I don't know if this one would be an exception.

You may also find that most of your guests will come for a longer period of time- especially if they are travelling far. My guests ended up staying a few days longer than they originally anticipated because it wasn't that much more to add a few days. And they like the added vacation too.

My heart goes out to you!!! We had the same problem.. I booked our date last month and when I contacted the wedding planner she said the only date not available (besides sundays) was Valentines day sad.gif I was sad at first... but we ended up picking Feb 21 which is the number of our race car and Adam's favorite number sooooo he is happy!

I am so sorry! I am going through the EXACT same thing right now with Dreams. They send me a list of dates available, I pick one and then 2 days later when they finally get back to me, the date i picked is 'no longer available'. I am SO frustrated. Good luck to you! I hope that it all works out.