Upsetting news

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

I just had my site visit exactly 2 weeks ago at the Marriott Casamagna. We told the wedding coordinator the day we wanted but we'd be getting back to her once we had our final decision. She said they weren't booking yet for 2009 so we felt a lil safer about taking an extra week to go over pros and cons of each resort we saw. Well, we made our final decision last night. Upon emailing her to at least secure the date (we were willing to pay whatever the price is for the wedding with the increases from 200, she responded that my date is no longer available and if we wanted another date. How does that happen?

So I don't know what to do.. should I pick another date or go with our #2 choice (Le Meridien) if they have my date available.

#2 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

Is that particular date meaningful to you guys as a couple (besides the obvious V-day)? If not then if I were you I would pick another date that is available at your first choice location. To me, if the date isnt all that important (i.e. dating anniversary, parents wedding anniversarym etc) then the next most important thing is the location and there is a reason you had Casamagna as your #1 choice.

#3 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

It's not important that it's Valentine's.. it's just more convenient for my guests since it's a holiday weekend. Monday is President's Day and V-day falls on a Saturday.

#4 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

what about that Friday?

#5 Christine

• VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:31 PM

I say do that Friday then your DH and you will always have to go some where overnight for your anniversary. That's what we did. Our dating anniversary was the day after our wedding day so now we get to celebrate for 2 days!
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:51 PM

If you anniversary is on valentine's day you only get 1day to celebrate. If you change dates, you get to celebrate on valentines & your anniversary.

I do think it's considerate to plan on a 3 day weekend, but I would change to get your hotel. With enough notice, guests should be fine taking off work. Also, not everyone gets presidents day off. Especially not in the last few years. Some times it's harder to take off on a holiday like that. For example, my mom is a teacher. Because they know there are certain days everyone wants off they make those days off limits for taking off. This happens for holidays where your spouse might have off, but school is still in session. My step dad works at a bank. Although he gets the holidays off, taking off the day after a holiday is really hard.

#7 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

You guys are right. I will talk it over with my DH and possibly change it to Feb 13th. After all, 13 is my family's lucky number lol I should've went with it from the start lol It's just when you had your mind set on something.. and something goes wrong.. you go into panick mode..? Yea, that's me :)

#8 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

even more disappointing news.. now they have conventions going on until March.. so no luck here!!

#9 foxytv

• VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

not the 15th either?

#10 Yari

• VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:30 AM

Wow, that stinks! Perhaps the Le Meridian can work with you on dates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users