Photo

Gift for Wedding Coordinator

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 fogdog

fogdog
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

We tipped our WC generously (about 20%) and also sent her a very nice flower arrangement. She made it all happen by going above and beyond, so was definitely worth tipping.
    Bridget and Brian
    Los Cabos 11/17/07

#12 michelle08

michelle08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

When you guys say tipping..is this in addition to a gift or an alternative to a gift??

#13 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jnowlan
        I would say 15-20% of your total bill.
        Eek, that would be around $1800-2400 for us. Am I doing the math right

I was thinking of tipping our WC's (we have 2) around $100 ea. and a special gift for each of them...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#14 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

My resort adds 26% to our bill for tax and gratuities. not sure if any of that goes to wc though.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#15 mopher

mopher
          • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

Well I guess I am a cheap bride..I am only going to tip 50-100 dollars...15-20 percent would be 500 dollars and up

Maybe once I get there my opinion will change. Thus far Chandlyn has been ok...but I am not all that impressed with the information given. I cannot understand why there isn't a wedding information package with all the options. You learn more on this site than you do from the riu. She would then get less e-mails and be able to respond in a more timely manner to the ones she does get.

#16 Gretchen

Gretchen
            • Banned
            • 416 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

I can't imagine tipping at the 15-20%. We are just starting, but I too was thinking of around $100 and a small gift.
              As someone else asked - do you tip the minister & photographer too? Gotta add tips to our budget now!
              Gretchen "GiGi"

#17 chicago88

chicago88
              • 699 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

I was thinking $50-100 too.

Therese & Jay
                Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#18 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
                • 812 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

I think the 20% only works in certain situations... otherwise my WC would be getting over $10K! Sorry, but that’s just way too much for me!

I don't know if this is a good benchmark, but when I was originally planning my wedding in NY all the WC's I met with said they take anywhere between 5-10 % of the total wedding budget, depending on the degree of involvement.

Also, you should take into consideration that things work differently in different countries. When we went to our site visit, FI tried to tip the WC's $100 each for being so amazingly helpful while we were there, and they both adamantly refused. We ended up just leaving it in envelopes on their desks when they weren’t looking. Afterwards, we found out that taking tips was grounds for dismissal at our hotel... we were so worried that we got them in trouble!

Long story short, as of right now, we budgeted a $500 tip for each of our WC's... now that we are getting into all the craziness of the wedding, it will probably go up (its only fair... lately I have been talking to my WC more than I talk to FI)

#19 fogdog

fogdog
                  • 170 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

Just to clarify, the tip was only on her fee (not on all the other services she arranged).
                    If your WC is arranged through the hotel, they might automatically tack on the 15% service which may or may not cover her.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by fogdog
                    We tipped our WC generously (about 20%) and also sent her a very nice flower arrangement. She made it all happen by going above and beyond, so was definitely worth tipping.

Bridget and Brian
                    Los Cabos 11/17/07

#20 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
                    • 812 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by fogdog
                      Just to clarify, the tip was only on her fee (not on all the other services she arranged).
                      If your WC is arranged through the hotel, they might automatically tack on the 15% service which may or may not cover her.
                      Ohhhhhh... I stand corrected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users