Newbie - Dallas TX

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LisaG

• VIP Member
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:40 PM

Hello all ~ I'm a newbie

We just got engaged in November 06 We want to have our DW in August 07, in Playa del Carmen. I'm having issues with deciding on a hotel...!!

We went to a wedding in July 07 at Royal Porto Real. The wedding was absolutly prefect!!!! We REALLY would like to go back and have our wedding there, but we don't want our friends to think we're copying them. PLUS we would be inviting all of the same friends.

Do I have it there, or should we find another location??

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:42 PM

welcome to the forum RPR is a pretty great place to get married...what about another luxury adult AI?

el dorado
    royal hideaway

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Janet

• VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:08 PM

If you were to do it at the same hotel, how could you make it unique/different? Like beach ceremony instead of poolside, different menu, decor, etc.

#4 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

Oh boy, that a tough one! Tammy's list of other great AI adults only resorts is good. As everyone probably knows by now I am partial to the El Dorado Royale, I would definitly check those out. Maybe check out Aventura Spa Palace also.

It really depends on how much you care about yours and your friends wedding similarities. Like Janet said, I would definitly try to do some opposite effects at your wedding. Like she used beach you use gazebo, etc... The last thing you want is it to be so similar that people are comparing, which weather we like it or not, people do tend to do this.
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#5 LisaG

• VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:38 PM

Where is El Dorado Royale?

#6 NHPT

• 3,848 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

welcome! i live in Houston but am originally from Dallas! i miss it there!
            Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#7 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by lryates76
              Where is El Dorado Royale?

El Dorado Royale is in the Riviera Maya located about 25 minutes south of Cancun.

Here is a direct link to the resorts website
              El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels - Riviera Maya M©xico

Here is a link to a wedding thread on this forum with a wedding slideshow at the El Dorado

Here is a link to the Aventura Spa Palace in the Riviera Maya
              Palace Resorts - Welcome to the Official Site - Aventura Spa Palace adults only resort offers relaxing spa vacations!

Here is a link to the Royal Hideaway
              All-Inclusive Luxury Beach Resort Mexico
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#8 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:00 AM

Welcome! It sounds like you already have all the help you need. Good luck in finding the best hotel! As for "copying" your friend, it could be that your friend takes it as a compliment!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users