Dreams Puerto Vallarta Or Cabo???

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Elaine Benjamin

Elaine Benjamin
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

Hi All - I am the mother of the groom helping to make arrangements for an October 25 wedding at Dreams in Puerto Vallarta. They have taken a long time getting back to me and then quoted something quite different from the advertised packages on their website. Has anyone had a wedding there who can give feedback? It's our first choice but we would also consider Cabo. Thanks a bunch !

#2 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:58 AM

Welcome to the forum.

I am getting married in PV, but not at dreams. I am working with the Marriott and they took awhile to get back to me. I had to call corporate.

#3 Spazz

• VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:05 PM

to the forum! You will find tons of ideas and info here. Happy planning!!!

#4 Carolena7

• 785 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

I can't help you out but just wanted to Welcome you to the forum!! I'm sure there is someone that will be able to help you on here.

#5 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

HI welcome to the forum. I can't help you with PV or Cabo but I was originally getting married at the Dreams in Punta Cana and it was taking a really long time to hear back from the wc (like over a week sometimes) so i ended up switching resorts (not just that reason). I was told that particular Dreams resort did many weddings daily (5 or 6 a day).

Maybe they are just as busy in pv too.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 1elephant

• VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

welcome! i'm getting married at dreams pv in *yikes* 3 1/2 weeks...gaby is really nice and very knowledgeable - BUT she's really busy and definitely takes awhile to get back to people. if you don't hear within a week, then resend the same email with 'resending info' or something to that effect in the subject. she does one wedding/day (i believe) and i've only heard good things about her from ppl who have been married there recently. also, the prices on the website may be for 2007, and she may be giving you 2008 prices, but that's just a guess.
              feel free to ask questions, and i'll be posting a review in a few weeks! good luck!

#7 starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:55 AM

Welcome! I've never been to Dreams Cabo but we have lots of those brides here who can give you perspective. I stayed at Dreams PV and it was lovely. Since it's on a cove the beach is private, and it's 5 minutes from the malecon but feels a world away. It's an awesome place, I hope it works out.

#8 Helland Photographs

Helland Photographs
                • Banned
                • 113 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

... I've done weddings at Dreams Los Cabos dozens of times.... my brides have all been thrilled. Give them a look. It may make more sense to bring in an ourtside WC. Even if Dreams says you can't... YOU CAN.

#9 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:33 PM

to the forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users