May 2010 DREAMS TULUM BRIDES

Hi Amy!

Where did you chose to have your reception? I've never been to dreams, but from what I've seen online, and read, I thought I wanted to have it at the dolphin pool.... for some reason Aurora emailed me today and said "We would like to offer you the Relax Pool Terrace for your Reception dinner this location is more private and Elegant and perfect because you will have music please see the pictures in the attachment and confirm me that you want to get it."

The relaxed pool seems very far away from the bar, and I don't know how well the lighting will be as our reception is at night... hmmm... I don't know what to do?!?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
Hi Amy!
Where did you chose to have your reception? I've never been to dreams, but from what I've seen online, and read, I thought I wanted to have it at the dolphin pool.... for some reason Aurora emailed me today and said "We would like to offer you the Relax Pool Terrace for your Reception dinner this location is more private and Elegant and perfect because you will have music please see the pictures in the attachment and confirm me that you want to get it."
The relaxed pool seems very far away from the bar, and I don't know how well the lighting will be as our reception is at night... hmmm... I don't know what to do?!?
The way it was explained to me is that there are going to be 3 or so weddings... everyone will need a reception dinner. They will ask you to choose a first and second choice and then the cordinators will work together to make something happen.
My first choice is the dolphin pool. I like that it has colums and is on the beach. It has an elegant look to it. Lighting will be low, but you can see. There is not a lot of room for a dance floor here, and it will be a small hike to get to a bar that is open (the pool bar closes at night).
My second choice is the Seaside grill. I have a small group (18 of us) and I don't mind having a dinner in a resteraunt with other diners... the seaside grill is open air and on the beach.
The Relax pool is probably the largest area next to the beach. There would be room for dancing. The pool is lit up, a bar is close by. It is a pretty open area...you'll have the ocean as your backdrop here. This is a tie for my second choice! The pool is a big rectangle with concrete on all sides... you can set up dinner tables on one side and a dance area on the other. There's even room to put a few tables in the dance area for people to put their drinks on.
There is a nice disco tech there... if you want to use the dance floor there.
I hope this helps!!
I think your real deciding will happen when the cordinator takes you on a tour and shows you in person where your options are. I am bringing a wedding day itineray to pass to my guests with blanks spaces... so I can fill in the final choices when I'm there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandRich View Post
The way it was explained to me is that there are going to be 3 or so weddings... everyone will need a reception dinner. They will ask you to choose a first and second choice and then the cordinators will work together to make something happen.
My first choice is the dolphin pool. I like that it has colums and is on the beach. It has an elegant look to it. Lighting will be low, but you can see. There is not a lot of room for a dance floor here, and it will be a small hike to get to a bar that is open (the pool bar closes at night).
My second choice is the Seaside grill. I have a small group (18 of us) and I don't mind having a dinner in a resteraunt with other diners... the seaside grill is open air and on the beach.
The Relax pool is probably the largest area next to the beach. There would be room for dancing. The pool is lit up, a bar is close by. It is a pretty open area...you'll have the ocean as your backdrop here. This is a tie for my second choice! The pool is a big rectangle with concrete on all sides... you can set up dinner tables on one side and a dance area on the other. There's even room to put a few tables in the dance area for people to put their drinks on.
There is a nice disco tech there... if you want to use the dance floor there.
I hope this helps!!
I think your real deciding will happen when the cordinator takes you on a tour and shows you in person where your options are. I am bringing a wedding day itineray to pass to my guests with blanks spaces... so I can fill in the final choices when I'm there.
Hi!
Thanks so much for the input... I'll stick with the relaxed pool, I'll just put up a lot of candles for light!!
xoxo

Quote:
We filled out our Wedding Planning documents this week...yeah!! It is sooo hard to believe we are 90 days away!!! I finally found an inspiration photo for our reception decor, which takes a lot of stress away. I am going for my first dress fitting this week and my fiance is ordering his suit today.
I am getting WAY EXCITED!!!!
How are everyone elses plans coming?
How did the fitting go?!! Where's a pic of you in the dresshuh.gif!!

I found a pic for centerpiece inspiration! Just need to figure out how many tables/people will be coming before I order!!

It's amazing how the stress can be relieved when you find "THE" inspiration!!

Congrats on the suit/attire decision!! We are still throwing around the ideas of what to do....Ahhhhhh!!! My poor Dad keeps asking me what he is supposed to wear.....Oh well, it will come together soon enough, eh?!!

We are all so close to the BIG Day!!! I am soo excited for EVERYONE!!! Hopefully, I will have more decisions made in March?!?!?! Wish me luck!! Best of luck to all of you ladies!!!! :)

I don't have a pi of the dress because I am scheduled to go in for one more fitting next month, then I pick up the finished dress in April.

What did you decide on for centerpieces? How many guests do you think are coming?

We have 16... relatively small group. Small enough for 1 long table.

Have you filled out your planning docs? Have you booked your salon appointments? I tried to schedule my hair and make up and was told that they were already booked with other brides and they hope to hire another stylist soon.... STRESS!!!! This is my first wrench in the process. I REALLY hope they fix thi. I don't want to have to do my own hair!!!

Quote:
I don't have a pi of the dress because I am scheduled to go in for one more fitting next month, then I pick up the finished dress in April.

What did you decide on for centerpieces? How many guests do you think are coming?
We have 16... relatively small group. Small enough for 1 long table.

Have you filled out your planning docs? Have you booked your salon appointments? I tried to schedule my hair and make up and was told that they were already booked with other brides and they hope to hire another stylist soon.... STRESS!!!! This is my first wrench in the process. I REALLY hope they fix thi. I don't want to have to do my own hair!!!
Well, right now we have 15 rooms booked, but more still to come, so they say. I am just going to have clear glass cylinder vases filled with water and 3-4 real touch orchids and a big floating candle with something around the base on the table. We are going to ship a box to the hotel with the OOT stuff and centerpiece stuff (that's what my fiance wants to do, so thats what we are doing- lol). btw I found our OOT bags at Target this past Thursday!!! Yey!! They are the exact colors of green in the BM dressses and pretty close to the blue we are using!! (ONLY $2.50 each- and they are pretty big too) So happy that is done!!

We haven't filled out any planning docs! I guess I will email her as soon as I submit this!

Oh no! The salon needs to get it together. They should have the space/time available if they are going to book a certain amount of weddings that day. So sorry sweetie. I am lucky, one of my fiance's gf's is a wedding stylist in NYC and has offered to do my hair for the entire week. I am doing my own make-up, I think. But, I guess I need to figure out the BM hair (forgot about that).
Well, good luck and sorry again for the stress...I am sure it will all turn out wonderfully in the end!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk5576 View Post
NicoRuskies-
Congrats! You guys are getting married 2 days before us! We will be there the 24th, maybe we could meet up with you somewhere on the resort that week & say Hi!?! You are the closest I have seen to our date on the 30th. How far are you from Vancouver? We are actually temp. relocating to Vancouver either in April or May or after the wedding for about a year (FI work)?!! It would be great to have a friendly face in the area when we move!! Good luck with everything! Hope to chat with you soon!

Everyone-
Is anyone dealing with Aurora as their WC? I have'nt seen any reviews for her on this site yet?!! Thanks! :)
Hey ddk5576!
Sorry I've been MIA....haven't had any time to be on here for awhile. I am multitasking watching the gold medal hockey game cheesy.gif WE ARE GETTING SO CLOSE!!! 3 months goes by really fast too. I would love to meet up and say hello at the resort, we get there on the 22nd and are leaving to our honeymoon resort on the 29th. Wahoo! I am 4 hours out of Vancouver...live in Vernon (Okanagan Valley, it's beautiful and I would suggest a camping trip in the summer, if you two are into that sort of thing...nice lakes here).

Your dress is amazing! Makes me feel better to see a full bottomed dress because that is what I have too. Our dresses are actually quite similar. Good luck with all the other planning! I am still thinking about table center pieces but have all the attire done. PM or message me on here if you want to chat.

Hey Ladies!!!

I just wanted to put it out there that I found a great off site photographer! Great price and you get a lot of bang for your buck in my opinion. I was always worried about not getting enough pictures and wanted to come home with a disc of A LOT of pictures....like my sisters did when they got married in Canada. So the only person I came across who promised that he has never given a bride less than 700 pictures is Samuel Luna. He is a photo journalist, so his pictures really capture the moment and he knows how to get those shots that only happen for a couple seconds. Very nice man, responds very fast, and I've heard great things about him. I've added him on facebook and it's neat to see new pictures and hear peoples reviews. Let me know if you want more information....he sent me a brochure that outlined his usual wedding day and it is EXACTLY what I was looking for (the dress, getting ready, ceremony location, ceremony, reception, etc...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoRuskies View Post
Hey Ladies!!!

I just wanted to put it out there that I found a great off site photographer! Great price and you get a lot of bang for your buck in my opinion. I was always worried about not getting enough pictures and wanted to come home with a disc of A LOT of pictures....like my sisters did when they got married in Canada. So the only person I came across who promised that he has never given a bride less than 700 pictures is Samuel Luna. He is a photo journalist, so his pictures really capture the moment and he knows how to get those shots that only happen for a couple seconds. Very nice man, responds very fast, and I've heard great things about him. I've added him on facebook and it's neat to see new pictures and hear peoples reviews. Let me know if you want more information....he sent me a brochure that outlined his usual wedding day and it is EXACTLY what I was looking for (the dress, getting ready, ceremony location, ceremony, reception, etc...).
Hi Girls!
I'm getting married right around the same time as you girls are and I also booked Samuel Luna! He seems awesome! Glad to see another Dreams bride chose him. See you there!