Photo

Affordable Photographer for Cancun Wedding!!!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#11 Vanessa C

Vanessa C
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

Please help!! I can't seem to find an affordable photographer for my November 2011 wedding. The resort where my wedding will be held provides photography services however I'm not sure if I want to use them. I don't really like the packages they offer because they don't offer many photos in the packages.

Another problem I'm having is that if I bring an outside vendor I have to pay a fee of $350 plus the photographer's fees. What should I do?

#12 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
    • 276 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

What is your budget for photography? I was kind of thrown off by the prices too, because when I was looking at an east coast wedding the prices were much cheaper (as in half the price) for photographers that seem just as good.

#13 julieswedding

julieswedding
      • 89 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

What resort are you staying at? Most resorts will let you upgrade all packages to include more photos - just ask them. I know all Palace Resorts will. Also you should definitly get a cd of all of the photos taken (it may be an additional price, but well worth it) and a dvd of ceremony and reception.
        My daughter was just married at Aventura Spa Palace and used David Pena, a resort photographer, and he did a fantastic job! Here are some of the photos:
        http://share.shutter....1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA

#14 Tlseege

Tlseege

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,281 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
        • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

I would definitely say, what's your budget? Because affordable is different in everyone's eyes. Especially when you take into account what you get from each different photographer. But, if we know your budget hopefully people can suggest photographers for you.
        ~Trisha~
        www.faberphotography.com

My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

#15 alison15

alison15
        • 356 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Vanessa C
          Please help!! I can't seem to find an affordable photographer for my November 2011 wedding. The resort where my wedding will be held provides photography services however I'm not sure if I want to use them. I don't really like the packages they offer because they don't offer many photos in the packages.

Another problem I'm having is that if I bring an outside vendor I have to pay a fee of $350 plus the photographer's fees. What should I do?
          I am running into the same problem. Once you add in an outside vendor fee, it raises the cost of photography by a lot. I would try Luz Maria Availa. I really liked her photos and she was VERY reasonable. Part of my reasoning for spending more is that why would I pay that much through the resort if they aren't going to be good and the one thing I will have forever are the pictures...the other part of me says, in two years the pictures will be in a box in the basement, (hopefully) replaced by baby pictures. Yes it would be nice to have great pictures of our wedding day, but really how long am I going to sit around and admire myself?

#16 Vanessa C

Vanessa C
          • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by julieswedding
            What resort are you staying at? Most resorts will let you upgrade all packages to include more photos - just ask them. I know all Palace Resorts will. Also you should definitly get a cd of all of the photos taken (it may be an additional price, but well worth it) and a dvd of ceremony and reception.
            My daughter was just married at Aventura Spa Palace and used David Pena, a resort photographer, and he did a fantastic job! Here are some of the photos:
            http://share.shutter....1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA
            My resort is Gran Caribe Real. If we upgrade, the price is not worth the amount of pics we will get. I do want to get the pics on a cd but they only give certain amount on the cd-again not enough pics. Thanks for your help. By the way your daughter's pics are beautiful. Congrats

#17 Vanessa C

Vanessa C
            • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by alison15
              I am running into the same problem. Once you add in an outside vendor fee, it raises the cost of photography by a lot. I would try Luz Maria Availa. I really liked her photos and she was VERY reasonable. Part of my reasoning for spending more is that why would I pay that much through the resort if they aren't going to be good and the one thing I will have forever are the pictures...the other part of me says, in two years the pictures will be in a box in the basement, (hopefully) replaced by baby pictures. Yes it would be nice to have great pictures of our wedding day, but really how long am I going to sit around and admire myself?

Hi Alison,
              Yes, I have emailed her however I'm still looking for a more reasonable photograher...

#18 Vanessa C

Vanessa C
              • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tlseege
                I would definitely say, what's your budget? Because affordable is different in everyone's eyes. Especially when you take into account what you get from each different photographer. But, if we know your budget hopefully people can suggest photographers for you.
                Hi Tlseege,
                I would say our budget is about $1500 however that would include all the pics they take not only 120 or whatever

#19 Tlseege

Tlseege

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,281 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
                • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

Well, obviously prices aren't out for 2011 yet, but it looks like it's about $1500 to fly two people in to the Gran Caribe for three nights. So it looks like you'd need to find a photographer who is willing to travel and shoot your wedding for a portfolio build. Then you'd get full day coverage, and if you're lucky a trash the dress session too!
                ~Trisha~
                www.faberphotography.com

My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

#20 Marifer

Marifer
                • Banned
                • 54 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

hey! which is your resort? my wc got me a great photographer. you can contact her because some hotels have several photographers working as vendors and maybe you get that info and do not have to pay the fee :o)

let me know if you want the email!
                  Love is in the air! :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter