Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#4651 SoontobeMrsP2014

SoontobeMrsP2014
  • 15 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 16, 2014

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

@SoontobeMrsP2014 - Wow!! Your wedding is so soon!! That RSVP is super last minute! Do you have everything ready? Anxious? I know I am! We have a week and a half before we leave for the resort!

Yeah I was not happy about that addition lol. But oh well, it is what it is. I am SO anxious! We're still finalizing our DJ list, getting our stuff ready to take down, and combing over our spreadsheet with a fine tooth comb. Also stalking the weather like it's my job! Even though it's anxiety-provoking, I'm so excited. It's going to be such a good time with our family and friends. This whole thing has been so low-stress for us, it's been the best wedding planning ever.

Are you November girls excited?!

#4652 HancockBride

HancockBride
  • 20 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:58 AM

We can't wait to get down there!! It will be kind of a relief I think, to be in the execute phase and not the planning phase anymore!

#4653 NickiLynn1116

NickiLynn1116
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hi girls!!  Anyone getting married this weekend like me?  I am freaking out about the weather!!  I get married on Sunday 80% chance of rain :huh:

#4654 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

ick!!! I hope the forecast is wrong (usually it is...). if not, take some amazing rain photos and make the best of it. I've heard it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day. 

Hi girls!!  Anyone getting married this weekend like me?  I am freaking out about the weather!!  I get married on Sunday 80% chance of rain :huh:

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4655 kamelia054

kamelia054
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 29, 2014
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

Hi ladies-

Is anyone doing any type of group activities? Most of my guests arrive on Thanksgiving which leaves us all day Friday. We have the rehearsal dinner that evening but would like to do something fun with everyone that day. Does anyone have any ideas? Some of the excursions are a bit time consuming. 

Thanks!

#4656 HancockBride

HancockBride
  • 20 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

@kamelia054

You guys can do the bike tour and the green house tour. Both those do not take too long and they are on the resort so if you need to make it to something you can just leave. Or you can do snorkeling or horse back riding at the resort as well, I believe. There is also swimming with the dolphins at the Maroma generations. 

#4657 SoontobeMrsP2014

SoontobeMrsP2014
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:23 AM

I'm getting married Sunday too! Weather.com says down to 20% and partly cloudy. Perfect!!

#4658 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,406 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:23 AM

Hi ladies-

Is anyone doing any type of group activities? Most of my guests arrive on Thanksgiving which leaves us all day Friday. We have the rehearsal dinner that evening but would like to do something fun with everyone that day. Does anyone have any ideas? Some of the excursions are a bit time consuming. 

Thanks!

- Invite your guests to all play volleyball, soccer, bocce ball, etc. .

- Get everyone together for a white night and meet up at one of the resort bars after the rehearsal dinner.

- Arrange a photo scavenger hunt....everyone brings their digital camera/iphone, you have a list of things to find on the resort. Ideas: photo of someone riding a bike, swimming in the pool, a wooden lounge chair, a bird, a pink/white/yellow flower, iguana, resort golf cart, photo with a bartender, a reed roof, a hammock, a white gazebo, a Peso coin, etc. (there are lots of great lists online) Give your guests/teams 30/45 minutes and then meet back up at a bar to compare photos and adventure stories!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#4659 NickiLynn1116

NickiLynn1116
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:30 AM

@SoontobeMrsP2014

ARE YOU??  What time are you getting married?  Our ceremony is at 4pm at Gazebo 55 and then reception at 6 at Tucanes.  I am so happy to hear about the weather.  I was really freaking out a bit :)

#4660 nicatella

nicatella
  • 7 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Generations Riviera Maya
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Hi Ladies! My fiancee and I just returned from EDR on Sunday and had a fantastic time (we went to the BDR to plan our April 2015 wedding).

The weather was gorgeous, and it was originally supposed to rain but didn't. Make sure to take a sweater or a pashmina because it got a little chilly at night and in the early morning. Also, make sure to take some bug spray for night. I got at least four or five bites the last night we were there at an outdoor bar.

@kamelia054 - For activities, there were a bunch of people kayaking close to the beach which looked fun. The kayaks are provided by the lifeguard stand on the beach and there are only two or three so a big group couldn't do it all at once. We met a couple who saw some ocean life (fish and jelly fish mostly) so snorkeling would be fun too.

They were doing the greenhouse tour a 9 am three times a week and I didn't get to do it but plan to do it during my wedding with our guests that want to join. 

@murmel - the photo scavenger hunt is such a great idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter