Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#4311 krobb317

krobb317
  • Site Supporter
  • 26 posts

    Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amanda50388 
     

    Yes a mic is provided with, the officiant will have the mic and she will hand it back and fourth to you during the ceremony, it worked out well for a wireless mic. The guests are not too far from you making it a very lovely ceremony site to have a wedding at. 

    Thanks amanda50388! How well did the officiant speak English? Than seems to be a question I receive most often from family and friends about the ceremony.



    #4312 jnitschke

    jnitschke
    • Jr. Member
    • 251 posts

      Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by krobb317 
       

      Thanks jnitschke! We'll just have to plan me standing on whatever side doesn't blow my hair and dress the wrong way :) Gorgeous dress!


      Thanks!... I did the same thing, as soon as I got down the aisle I told my husband to switch sides with me, I couldn't stand the veil blowing in my face.



      #4313 jnitschke

      jnitschke
      • Jr. Member
      • 251 posts

        Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by krobb317 
         

        Thanks amanda50388! How well did the officiant speak English? Than seems to be a question I receive most often from family and friends about the ceremony.


        If you'd like you can watch the streaming video of our ceremony.... her english was pretty good, accented but still good.  She had no problem reading our script that we gave her.   This might give you a better idea of what things look like and work like.  Our ceremony spot is Gazebo 55.



        #4314 amanda50388

        amanda50388
        • Jr. Member
        • 153 posts

          Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by krobb317 
           

          Thanks amanda50388! How well did the officiant speak English? Than seems to be a question I receive most often from family and friends about the ceremony.

          She spoke well, she followed our ceremony that we had printed out and added stuff in that made it amazing with what we already had. It was a beautiful ceremony and we were lucky to have her officiant as well as she did. 



          #4315 AllieH

          AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

          Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

          we had a male officiant. he followed our script just fine, and our guests could understand him. I don't think he was the warmest orator....but I barely remember anything he said anyway.

           

          Quote:

          Originally Posted by amanda50388 
           
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by krobb317 
           

          Thanks amanda50388! How well did the officiant speak English? Than seems to be a question I receive most often from family and friends about the ceremony.

          She spoke well, she followed our ceremony that we had printed out and added stuff in that made it amazing with what we already had. It was a beautiful ceremony and we were lucky to have her officiant as well as she did. 


           

          Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

          Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

          El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

          AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


          #4316 krobb317

          krobb317
          • Site Supporter
          • 26 posts

            Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jnitschke 
             


            If you'd like you can watch the streaming video of our ceremony.... her english was pretty good, accented but still good.  She had no problem reading our script that we gave her.   This might give you a better idea of what things look like and work like.  Our ceremony spot is Gazebo 55.

            Thanks!!! Okay, wonderful…I had read some had messed up the entire thing….yours worked well and woo how windy! I hope it's more like that than still…keeps ya cool! Beautiful ceremony!



            #4317 LKocelko

            LKocelko
            • Jr. Member
            • 350 posts

              Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by krobb317 
               

              Thanks!!! Okay, wonderful…I had read some had messed up the entire thing….yours worked well and woo how windy! I hope it's more like that than still…keeps ya cool! Beautiful ceremony!


              I think as long as your ceremony script is really clear then you should be good. Like who is speaking when, what music is playing, who to hand the microphone to, etc. Ours had kind of a heavy accent, and I asked my guests if they could understand her, and they said for the most part they could. I second Allie, I barely listened to ours haha. I was so wrapped up in the moment and whatnot - plus I had written the whole thing, so I kind of knew what was coming.



              #4318 jnitschke

              jnitschke
              • Jr. Member
              • 251 posts

                Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by krobb317 
                 

                Thanks!!! Okay, wonderful…I had read some had messed up the entire thing….yours worked well and woo how windy! I hope it's more like that than still…keeps ya cool! Beautiful ceremony!


                Thank you so much.  The wind did keep it cool... and it wisked my tears out of my eyes so I couldn't cry, which helped for sure. 

                 

                I should note that right before the ceremony the officiant asked my husband if we didn't mind having her add in a passage that she thought we would really like.  My husband told her to go ahead and add it.  She added in, ironically a reading about the "hands" that we decided to omit in one of our script revisions.  While I don't care much about the addition, she then didn't finish the rest of the script with our ending.  Because of that the music cues were off and we didn't get the ending I was really hoping for.  It was still a nice ceremony and she was well intentioned, the error isn't one that anyone but us noticed.  But, it should still be noted as an error.  Simply telling the officiant to stick to the script and not adlib would have solved the issue, but my husband didn't tell her that so she just did her own ending.



                #4319 Mamzaleg

                Mamzaleg
                • Newbie
                • 22 posts

                  Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

                  Hi, 

                   

                  We will be using the El Dorado Royale spa (not the casita spa) to get ready for the wedding. Has anyone used this spa before? I was just in a local wedding this past weekend and felt that my hair and makeup made a huge difference in how I felt. I am nervous about my hair and make up for the wedding. Does anyone have any pictures or recommendations for the spa? Or did anyone have a bad experience that I should know about?

                   

                   

                  Thanks so much! 



                  #4320 LKocelko

                  LKocelko
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 350 posts

                    Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mamzaleg 
                     

                    Hi, 

                     

                    We will be using the El Dorado Royale spa (not the casita spa) to get ready for the wedding. Has anyone used this spa before? I was just in a local wedding this past weekend and felt that my hair and makeup made a huge difference in how I felt. I am nervous about my hair and make up for the wedding. Does anyone have any pictures or recommendations for the spa? Or did anyone have a bad experience that I should know about?

                     

                     

                    Thanks so much! 


                    My mom and MIL used the EDR Royale spa, but just for makeup. What I would recommend is doing a trial. I was at the casita spa and honestly hated my makeup at the trial, so I"m so glad I paid the extra $49 to get this before the actual wedding.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter