Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#421 Melba

Melba
  • Newbie
  • 132 posts

    Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

    I am using Heather too! Small world! She has been great, I love the little info packets they send to.

    #422 ctpetch

    ctpetch
    • Newbie
    • 130 posts

      Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Melba
      I am using Heather too! Small world! She has been great, I love the little info packets they send to.
      Heather is wonderful. Very helpful & knowledgeable about the EDR, right about that. I would also highly recommend her too. Told her I would never book an AI without her. It pays to go with a TA especially if you run into problems she is there to help. Those info packs you receive are very convenient and helps keep everything together. They are great. It is a coincidence that alot of us are going with her. Probably cause of her great work & she cares.

      #423 playarita

      playarita
      • Newbie
      • 4 posts

        Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:57 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ctpetch
        I would like to recommend an outstanding TA. Her name is Heather from Berman Travel, her direct line is 1-518-369-8322 or 1-866-934-6292 ext 114. She beat prices that airline workers get (perks) and has been very helpful and accomodating. She made several calls & straighten out issues with WC on these fees for photographer too. Also Berman travel is well known for their business at Karisma resorts. They were just voted top TA for 2007 with the resort. The owner of Berman travel knows the owners personally at the EDR & Karisam resorts. So they will take care of you and give you alot of help when booking your wedding even there.
        thanks for the reccommendation. I have a meeting with the guy from All About Honeymoons tomorrow, but I will call her too so I can compare their services. Did you work with her long distance?

        #424 ctpetch

        ctpetch
        • Newbie
        • 130 posts

          Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by playarita
          thanks for the reccommendation. I have a meeting with the guy from All About Honeymoons tomorrow, but I will call her too so I can compare their services. Did you work with her long distance?
          I am working with her long distance. I have been nothing but pleased with her from the start. She will find you the best rates & take care of everything. I also had some questions & concerns with the WC and she called and handled all that for me. Heather works for Berman Travel & Berman Travel just was voted #1 TA with Karisma resorts & EDR. Sent the most business. Owner & Heather have a great relationship with the resort and know that resort upside down. You would not be disappointed going with Heather.

          Any other questions email me.

          #425 Melba

          Melba
          • Newbie
          • 132 posts

            Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

            I worked with her long distance too. Everyone that I referred to her, loved her too. And everyone raved about the travel packets they send.

            #426 ctpetch

            ctpetch
            • Newbie
            • 130 posts

              Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:02 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Melba
              I worked with her long distance too. Everyone that I referred to her, loved her too. And everyone raved about the travel packets they send.
              My guest were also happy with her. The prices and how helpful she is with everyone. They all loved the packets they received too. It's really nice and you have everything together.

              #427 mellowdrama

              mellowdrama
              • Newbie
              • 14 posts

                Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by BandE2008
                Side questions I am hoping you girls can answer!

                I am starting to book the details for the wedding. Please help by answering the following. I am sure it will help future brides too!

                FREE RECEPTION INFO

                WHERE ARE YOU ABLE TO HAVE YOUR FREE up to 40 guest DINNER AS PART OF YOUR WEDDING PACKAGE?

                IS IT OPEN MENU OR DO YOU NEED TO MAKE SELECTIONS?

                DO THEY PROVIDE MENUS FOR THIS?


                PRIVATE RECEPTION INFO

                WHAT ARE ALL THE LOCATION OPTIONS FOR THIS THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT? AND, WHAT LIMITS DO THEY HAVE (i.e., La Isla option, limit is you need more then 70 guests)?

                WHAT WERE YOU TOLD IN MAKING SELECTIONS? (i.e., you need to pick min three courses) HOW MANY CHOICES DO WE GET TO MAKE (i.e., a meat and a veg option)?

                HOW LONG DO YOU GET FOR YOUR PRIVATE RECEPTION?


                CEREMONY INFO

                WHAT ARE ALL THE LOCATION OPTIONS FOR THIS THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT? AND, WHAT ARE THE LIMITS?










                Thanks in advance! I think I have a few answers to some of this - and will help other girls, but I want to "top up" these answers for informed decision making!

                :)
                We are getting married on Dec 1 2008 at the EDR and are expecting about 20 people. We are using our "free group dinner reservation" for breakfast on the day of the wedding. We have to choose between Las Fuentes or El Coctal, and neither option is open menu (nor is it open menu if you decide to use the reservation for dinner). We have to select 1 appetizer, 2 main courses and I believe that it's unlimited coffee, drinks and mimosas. No menus provided - you will need to decide in advance which appetizers and main courses you want to be an option for your guests.

                We are having a private cocktail party following the 4:30 reception at the same location as the ceremony (gazebo 55). The private cocktail parties last 2 hours, and I believe that private receptions last 4 hours.

                I don't have a list of all of the site locations for the weddings and reception areas - sorry. We were originally going to have the ceremony on the beach, but decided to change it to gazebo 55 after Monica sent some photos of it, and we decided to have the cocktail party at the same site.

                For such a long response, I didn't answer many of your questions - sorry! :)
                Happy planning!

                #428 shannon

                shannon
                • Member
                • 772 posts

                  Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mellowdrama
                  We are getting married on Dec 1 2008 at the EDR and are expecting about 20 people. We are using our "free group dinner reservation" for breakfast on the day of the wedding. We have to choose between Las Fuentes or El Coctal, and neither option is open menu (nor is it open menu if you decide to use the reservation for dinner). We have to select 1 appetizer, 2 main courses and I believe that it's unlimited coffee, drinks and mimosas. No menus provided - you will need to decide in advance which appetizers and main courses you want to be an option for your guests.

                  We are having a private cocktail party following the 4:30 reception at the same location as the ceremony (gazebo 55). The private cocktail parties last 2 hours, and I believe that private receptions last 4 hours.

                  I don't have a list of all of the site locations for the weddings and reception areas - sorry. We were originally going to have the ceremony on the beach, but decided to change it to gazebo 55 after Monica sent some photos of it, and we decided to have the cocktail party at the same site.

                  For such a long response, I didn't answer many of your questions - sorry! :)
                  Happy planning!
                  Hi! We are getting married at EDR in 4 weeks- I see you are right down the road from me! :):):) I live off Tryon Road in Raleigh.... Where did you buy your dress!!?

                  #429 mellowdrama

                  mellowdrama
                  • Newbie
                  • 14 posts

                    Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

                    Hello there, Neighbor! I'm just off of the Downtown Apex exit off of 64 - you're right, just down the road!

                    I haven't bought my dress yet! I'm hoping to lose a little more weight until I go ahead and buy one. I've got time, since my wedding isn't until December.

                    Four weeks, huh? You must be so excited! I can't wait to hear about it - we've already committed to EDR, and it's discouraging to read some of the comments made about the resort on the forum. I hope you have a better experience than some of the nightmares that some people have had - can't wait to hear about it!

                    #430 BandE2008

                    BandE2008
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 228 posts

                      Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:51 PM

                      Its hard choosing when you cant see them! hahahaha
                      I guess thats part of a DW
                      And, I have read you can change them you get there (your ceremony cite) etc.

                      I got the menus for Tuesday for El Coctal and Fluente (the two free package options)
                      So Ill will look through those and decide which looks best.

                      I guess for the location choice for my ceremony and reception will depend on space. I am estimating 40 people are coming .....

                      :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter