Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#2591 chiquita8302

chiquita8302
  • Newbie
  • 115 posts

    Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

    We're using Beach Bum Vacations, and have Sarah as our TA, and couldn't be happier! I woudl reccommend BBV to anyone who needs help with their DW... she is pretty much like our TA/wedding coordinator with a bit of therapist on the side to help me deal with all of the stressful things that have come up! :)

    Originally Posted by Cvantine 

    Seriously?? My first TA was horrible too and I got Christine Kennedy as my replacement - she was efficient but so rude to us. I kept my thoughts about her to myself at first but then my guests (including my 83 year old grandmother) started calling/e-mailing me to tell me how rude she was - I honestly would rather have just done it all myself. I know that everyone has a different opinion of dw.com though - I'm glad it worked out for you guys!



    #2592 chiquita8302

    chiquita8302
    • Newbie
    • 115 posts

      Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

      Jill that is awful- I'm so sorry to hear! You will have so much fun regardless, and at least you won't have to worry about her DB boyfriend coming. :(

      Originally Posted by Jillsepher 

      Just have to vent ladies so I apologize beforehand... My MOH decided to tell me almost 2 months before the wedding that she isn't coming. She promised me months ago that she paid for her stay and booked airfare and magically she can't come anymore. She gave me the whole money excuse but I find that very hard to believe when she's planning all these other trips with her stupid boyfriend who seems to have her every move now and she's his puppet. She was totally all for going until she started dating this loser and now is no longer coming so now I have NO bridesmaids and my FI has 4 groomsmen. Ugh! She even bought her bridesmaid dress already and fed me all this bullcrap about wanting to get alterations with me. I'm so confused because she was totally ready to go and now she is blowing me off on the biggest day of my life. This is so NOT what I was expecting!


      #2593 chiquita8302

      chiquita8302
      • Newbie
      • 115 posts

        Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

        Alli these look great, totally not "too DIY"!!

        Originally Posted by Jillsepher 

        You did a fabulous job! I love all the colors and how fun it is. Looks great and puts my craftiness to shame!


        #2594 ONEILL12

        ONEILL12
        • Newbie
        • 23 posts

          Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

          We leave in 37 days !! 

           

          A question for the ladies who have been there...what did you do about steaming your dress? My dress is chiffon and very flowy and I doubt I can get it down there without wrinkling it. I've heard that EDR offers a steaming service but I haven't heard anything about prices yet. It kind of makes me nervous to hand my dress over to the resort. I don't like the thought of not having control over how its handled. I remember reading on here from another bride that when they returned the dress to her room afterwards they hung it from the bed without the bag and her fiance walked in and saw it. I would not be happy if that happened.



          #2595 AllieH

          AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

          Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

          The countdown is ON!!! 

           

          I would ask to have it returned to someone else's room if at all possible. I'm planning to have it sent to my friend's room who is also staying in the casitas. I don't want my fiancĀ© to see it before the wedding day either!! 

           

          I was told they can't quote steaming or pressing ahead of time, and it's something the onsite coordinator will have to do based on the services you need. She also told me there's an iron in the room for any touch ups I want to do myself (on my wedding dress? are you KIDDING me?)

           

          Someone also mentioned removing any removable parts (straps, corset laces, etc.) before you send it off to be steamed. Otherwise, they said the resort will take good care of it. 

          Originally Posted by ONEILL12 

          We leave in 37 days !! 

           

          A question for the ladies who have been there...what did you do about steaming your dress? My dress is chiffon and very flowy and I doubt I can get it down there without wrinkling it. I've heard that EDR offers a steaming service but I haven't heard anything about prices yet. It kind of makes me nervous to hand my dress over to the resort. I don't like the thought of not having control over how its handled. I remember reading on here from another bride that when they returned the dress to her room afterwards they hung it from the bed without the bag and her fiance walked in and saw it. I would not be happy if that happened.

           


           

          Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

          Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

          El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

          AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


          #2596 TheWolferts

          TheWolferts
          • Jr. Member
          • 458 posts

            Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

            I had my dress steamed at EDR and it turned out really nicely! I think it was about $20-30 dollars. My dress was in the bag when I gave them the dress, so they returned it in the bag and hung it on my closet door. I was nervous that my fiance would see it too, so made sure I walked into the room first just in case, on the day they said they were returning my dress. If you are still nervous he will see the dress, leave a note with the dress when they come by your room to pick it up, requesting they return it in the bag or hang it in the closet.

             

             

            Originally Posted by ONEILL12 

            We leave in 37 days !! 

             

            A question for the ladies who have been there...what did you do about steaming your dress? My dress is chiffon and very flowy and I doubt I can get it down there without wrinkling it. I've heard that EDR offers a steaming service but I haven't heard anything about prices yet. It kind of makes me nervous to hand my dress over to the resort. I don't like the thought of not having control over how its handled. I remember reading on here from another bride that when they returned the dress to her room afterwards they hung it from the bed without the bag and her fiance walked in and saw it. I would not be happy if that happened.



            #2597 TheWolferts

            TheWolferts
            • Jr. Member
            • 458 posts

              Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

              Yes, definitely make sure you remove any belts or corset ties before you hand it over!

               

              Because we had 2 guests back out the week before we left, we had about $150 worth of credit that Valeria told us we could use for other things. Since we were pretty much set on everything we wanted for the wedding, we asked Valeria if we could use our credit towards getting my dress steamed and my fiance's suit pressed, she told us we definitely could. Luckily, I printed off that email that she confirmed we could use our credit (she could not quote me a price beforehand either), because when we met with our onsite coordinator, she said we could not use our credit towards the steaming and pressing, but she would check with the resort. I handed over the email in which Valeria had confirmed we could, and the onsite coordinator looked pretty pissed off, then said "well I guess you can use your credit."

               

               

               

               

              Originally Posted by AllieH 

              The countdown is ON!!! 

               

              I would ask to have it returned to someone else's room if at all possible. I'm planning to have it sent to my friend's room who is also staying in the casitas. I don't want my fiancĀ© to see it before the wedding day either!! 

               

              I was told they can't quote steaming or pressing ahead of time, and it's something the onsite coordinator will have to do based on the services you need. She also told me there's an iron in the room for any touch ups I want to do myself (on my wedding dress? are you KIDDING me?)

               

              Someone also mentioned removing any removable parts (straps, corset laces, etc.) before you send it off to be steamed. Otherwise, they said the resort will take good care of it. 

               



              #2598 Jillsepher

              Jillsepher
              • Newbie
              • 92 posts

                Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

                Originally Posted by chiquita8302 

                Jill that is awful- I'm so sorry to hear! You will have so much fun regardless, and at least you won't have to worry about her DB boyfriend coming. :(

                Thanks Chiquita! Actually the more I think about it it's probably a Godsend because it would have been dramafest. I have to remember that when this all first began I wanted a very small and intimate ceremony and I'm surely getting that. No matter what it will be awesome because I'm marrying my best friend!



                #2599 chiquita8302

                chiquita8302
                • Newbie
                • 115 posts

                  Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

                  YES.

                   

                  P.S. I totally thought this DW thing was supposed to make everything easy breezy and drama free- NOT.

                   

                  Brief drama update since I've last had time to chat....

                   

                  2 of my bridesmaids are teachers and I literally planned our wedding on their school vaca because that was the only way they could come... now both are pregnant (like they weren't planning when I discussed this with them?!?!) and neither can come (though one claims she's definately going to be able to come despite the fact that she'll be 8 months pregnant (I think she honestly feels bad, but argh! I can't plan for numbers like this!). FUN. :-)

                  Originally Posted by Jillsepher 

                  Thanks Chiquita! Actually the more I think about it it's probably a Godsend because it would have been dramafest. I have to remember that when this all first began I wanted a very small and intimate ceremony and I'm surely getting that. No matter what it will be awesome because I'm marrying my best friend!



                  #2600 chiquita8302

                  chiquita8302
                  • Newbie
                  • 115 posts

                    Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

                    Dress update!! :)

                     

                    So... I went shopping with my MOH, tried on a bunch of dresses, and fell in love with the Adorae:

                     

                    Which, I found out after I got back on here yesterday, is the SAME dress as Nikki! So funny... what are the odds?

                    BUT apparantly the odds are pretty good... because I just looked at pics of my friends dress that she just got in for her September wedding (that I'm a BM in, and she'll be in mine) and she has almost the SAME dress

                    This dress above is hers... ugh. So... because of the way girls are, I had to change my dress. :( All of us girls have been friends forever, so we have the same wedding party and everything, and it just wouldn't be okay for me to keep with something so similar...

                     

                    I went to another store, tried on every dress I could find that was similar but different, and couldn't find anything that compared. :(

                     

                    I had seen online that David's Bridal had a similar dress, so I ended up trying it on, and my friends all said that it was different enough from my friends dress, and I finally felt almost as happy as I was with the Adorae... so, I ended up buying this dress. I'm hoping I'm going to get over the Adorae and that I'll love this one... ugh. The good news is that this was on sale for only $499 and the adorae was  more than double that!! () So lets just hope I learn to love it. :)

                    David's Bridal V3204 : wedding davids bridal dress v3204 V3204

                    This is the one I ended up with! I'm going to have my seamstress remove the bling on this one and replace it with a sash with more like the one on the Adorae with much more bling. :) I'm also going to ditch the bow and replace that with a brooch with some more bling.

                     

                    I do think they're similar, and I think I will love it, but it's a bit frustrating that I had to compromise on my wedding dress! :( Plus, if I'm going to pick a dress that is so similar, I felt like I might as well have gotten the one I wanted, but my bridesmaids all said this dress is very different (which is what is so sad!) that there's no way she'll be upset or even think that it's like her dress.

                     

                    ARGH... but at least I have my dress!! Phew!! :)






                    2 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                      Facebook (2)






                    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter