Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4865 replies to this topic

#3981 VanManning

VanManning
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I have picked the Strawberry Passion package.  Our wedding coordinator (Victoria) told us we had the following options for live music during the ceremony:

-Violin

-Flute

-Saxaphone

We are leaning towards violin but I would like hear feedback from from any brides who have already been married at the Barcelo Maya Palace?  We are getting married in the gazebo if that matters.

Another option is to have my sister sing as she is a singer.  I am a little worried that her voice wouldn't carry well over the sound of background noises?  Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Vanessa

#3982 VanManning

VanManning
    • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Our wedding website:

www.mywedding.com/vanessapaul

#3983 Bride2B26

Bride2B26
      • 157 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Oceanside
      • LocationBarcelo, Mexico

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

I have the strawberry package as well, and I listening to youtube videos of all those instruments playing to cannon D, but I ended up choosing violin as I felt it sounded the best, and my wedding planner Ruth said there wasn't a problem nor an additional charge!

#3984 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
      • 389 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

Has anyone else been placed in a ceremony and reception space they did not ask for? I was tols today that I have to use the beach in front of the palace. I'm pretty bummed out because I had my heart set on playa azul, but was not given any options :(

Is it your reception or ceremony there? We had our reception there as if there's rain the back up is the smaller palapas near the pool and not a banquet room. It was threatening rain on our wedding day and I was so sad that they wanted to move us to a banquet hall when I paid for a beach reception (the back up for coral beach is a hall). The area was beautiful for our reception and SO close to our rooms so it was really really nice. No wind or anything there either! I walked down to Playa Azul and it was SO far, I would chose the Palace beach over it anyway. Like someone else commented the beaches are secluded at night, people that walk by done disturb you and you cnt even see them anyways. We danced closest to the water, furthest from the pathway, and we couldn't even tell there were people near if there were.

#3985 Fitzgerh

Fitzgerh
        • 20 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by julienelson0713 

I bought ours at micheals on sale for $10 per box... Cost a total of $20 plus postage for 60 invites!! I definitely recommend micheals invites :)

Julie thanks I was at Michaels the other day and I did see them.

#3986 Fitzgerh

Fitzgerh
        • 20 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rani Dae 

Hello everyone!! I'm so excited I think I finally figured out that I for sure want my wedding to be at Barcelo Maya. I have been trying to get a hold of the wedding coordinator at the resort to see if the date I'm wanting is available and the extra pricing options but I can't find a direct email address and have emailed the resort and basic Barcelo wedding email several times with no response form the wedding coordinator. I want to get everything going to help out my guests so they'll have extra time to save up and plan. If anyone can provide me with an email address of the wedding coordinator at Barcelo maya that would be great! I can't wait to get everything figured out, this seems like it would be the perfect resort. Thank you! 

Hi Rani,

It takes about a week or so to get a response back from the generic email. Just be patient. They work on the Brides who have confirmed their wedding dates ( meaning that they have booked the hotel and have submitted their Itinerary as confirmation)

My fiance is in management for CheapCarribbean.com, best prices and no hassle travel. They can book your wedding guests from start to finish in one package prices including transportation and excursions. Check them out on-line. I had a friend who used at TA with Apple and they were AWFUL! The entire group was quoted different prices on the SAME DAY that others booked.When I wrote the TA she literally said in an email that "if she honored that price she would not be making any money." On the day before we left for  the trip we found out that she booked my fiance and I as "stand by" (we booked our airfare in March 2012 and the wedding was in June 2012.

I know things don't always go smoothly,but this was a huge oversight! Perhaps others have had better luck but this left a sour taste in my mouth!  

#3987 Wedding Dj In Cancun

Wedding Dj In Cancun
        • Vendor
        • 92 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hello Brides To Be

Barcelo is a great Resort for getting married, check out this Pictures of Weddings that we have done there If you have any questions please let me know

AppleMark

AppleMark

#3988 mrsnova

mrsnova
          • 280 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by VanManning 

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I have picked the Strawberry Passion package.  Our wedding coordinator (Victoria) told us we had the following options for live music during the ceremony:

-Violin

-Flute

-Saxaphone

We are leaning towards violin but I would like hear feedback from from any brides who have already been married at the Barcelo Maya Palace?  We are getting married in the gazebo if that matters.

Another option is to have my sister sing as she is a singer.  I am a little worried that her voice wouldn't carry well over the sound of background noises?  Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Vanessa

We choose the guitar and bass. Orginally my WC gave me those options but then I had heard their was an option for guitar and I asked and she said yes. They could play pretty much anything and I honestly didn't even hear it because I played a song for the BM and me to walk to down the aisle on my iPod but my husband said they were good.

I would think singing with a microphone would be fine and any of the choices would be pretty :)

Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
            wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
            planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

#3989 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
            • 201 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 6, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace
            • LocationEdmonton

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Ladies,

Did anyone get married at the arch? I'm just wondering how long it takes to walk down the aisle! We're picking the song to walk down the aisle to but I have NO IDEA what the length of the aisle is. Where do you come out of? How far is it to the arch? Help please!!

#3990 amcoletta88

amcoletta88
            • 47 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

cvincette & amcoletta I sent you the welcome book to your email :) and here is our wedding website kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com

Hey I never got the email, would you be ale to resend? It's am.coletta@hotmail.com. Thanks!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter