• Please log in to reply
4868 replies to this topic

#3631 gilmana

gilmana
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by julienelson0713 

Hi Ladies,

What was your timeline like for the big day?? I'm trying to figure out how much time we will need between the ceremony (hopefully short and sweet, non-denominational minister) and the reception for taking photos? Our ceremony is at 4pm and I was hoping to start the reception at 6:30. Does that sound like enough time??

My timeline was as follows:

3:00 Ceremony (lasted 2 hours - was supposed to last 1 hour)

4:00-6:00 Pictures (supposedly)

5:00-6:00 Cocktail hour

6:00-midnight Reception

Where is your ceremony and reception?  If they are close to each other, I think those times are just fine.  

#3632 tiffanyhetzel

tiffanyhetzel
    • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hello ladies..  This thread is AMAZING! I have learned so much by reading everyone's comments... for hours and hours.  My finace and I have decided to get married at the Barcelo Maya Palace on November 11, 2013 at 3 pm on the beach. (expecting at least 80 people!!!)  There is SOOOO much that I need to do yet and my WC is Ruth which I have only heard from her twice in the last month. I really wanted the reception at Palmeras Grill (do not have the Strawberry pacakge) but I think we are going to stick with the Mint Breeze Package(and they dont allow you to "upgrade") to keep costs down since we are having a reception back home. I have read that a cocktail hour is a waste of money.... so I dont think we will be doing that. We are bringing an IPOD for music.  I am currently looking for an outside photographer!! I received many recommendations reading through this thread... just trying to find the most affordable? Anyone have any recommendations? 

Also, how was the food that comes with the Mint Breeze package?

I am SOOO worried about the banquet halls, they look so plain!! Has anyone really liked the banquet halls? Can you decorate them or do they put some decorations up if we requested that?  Any feedback on ANYTHING you can think of will be greatly appreciated!!

Im still going back and forth between hair and make-up by Adrian or just going with the spa....  ??

#3633 DiggityDawn

DiggityDawn
      • 167 posts
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Beach Resort
      • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by gilmana 

Julie, 

I used FotoTakeIt for our wedding and the pictures are fantastic!  Good prices too and there are 2 photographers so when you are getting ready, there is a girl with the girls and a guy with the guys.

http://www.fototakei.../amity-antonio/

Let me know if you want me to send you the packet that they sent us.

Basically, you just book the photographer.  A few weeks before your wedding, you WC will ask you if you have booked the 2 hotel nights or if you are going to pay the $500 fee.  We found it was just easier to book whoever whenever and not wait for the WC response - everything worked out.  

-Amity

Hi Amity!

Could you send me the packet? I tried their website but I don't have a password to look at their pricing... my email is jamlove24@hotmail.com  Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.!

#3634 IslandBarbie

IslandBarbie
      • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hi everyone!  I am finally in touch with my Wedding Coordinator, Xahil.  I am in the 2nd phase of planning...picking the menu.

After reading on here, I have opted for the banquet room instead.  I, too, think it would be a great relief from the heat and the bugs.  I really don't want to be bothered with either. :-)

Does anyone have any recommendations and what is good to eat as far as the menu for the reception goes?  Right now I have a salad, soup, main dish and dessert to pick.  I am pretty set on the creme brulee...I LOVE creme brulee!  I am torn on the other three areas.  Any help would be appreciated!  Here are my choices:

Tomato salad or Sea scallops with Lime Vinagrette

Minestrone or Onion Soup

as for the main dish...fish?  pork chops? beef tenderloin?  Rack of lamb?  I need to know what tastes amazing!!!  If anyone has already had it.

As for the photographer, is there ANYONE on here who went with the resort photographers?  I know the consensus is that they suck, but I would like to see.  Anyone have the site so I can look?

#3635 karla5280

karla5280
        • Site Supporter
        • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

If you do a search on the thread you can get people's comments as well as even some photos.  Good luck!  I am getting married 6/7/13.  Yeah!

#3636 OceanPhoto

OceanPhoto
          • Vendor
          • 84 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Congratulations to you all! 

We are pleased you have chosen Riviera Maya to celebrate your Wedding. 

We are professionals in Wedding Art Photography and Video and the OFFICIAL PHOTO company at Barcelo Maya.

Take a look to

Also follow us on Facebook & Twitter 

See you in paradise!

#3637 OceanPhoto

OceanPhoto
            • Vendor
            • 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Take a look to our

#3638 IslandBarbie

IslandBarbie
              • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by OceanPhoto 

Congratulations to you all! 

We are pleased you have chosen Riviera Maya to celebrate your Wedding. 

We are professionals in Wedding Art Photography and Video and the OFFICIAL PHOTO company at Barcelo Maya.

Take a look to

Also follow us on Facebook & Twitter 

See you in paradise!

When you say OFFICIAL does this mean that a bride that uses you DOES NOT have to pay the outside vendor fee or book the room in order to have you there?  Meaning SMILE MARKET is not the OFFICIAL any longer?  That is what OFFICIAL means to me.  Please clarify

#3639 MarinaGVan

MarinaGVan
                • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hi Ladies,

We just returned from our wedding at the Barcelo Maya Tropical.  Our wedding Date was January 31st, 2013 and we had 58 guest. We did the strawberry passion package.  To all of you that are having anxiety and stress about not sure what to expect all I can say is "Everything will work out better than you expect" I was stressing out over not knowing what to stress about.

We had Xhail as our co-coordinator and she truly was the best. These ladies do a minimum of 5 weddings a week each. The resort is beautiful and any spot you pick will be perfect. We were supposed to have our ceremony and reception at Captain Morgan’s Beach but it was overcast with a chance of rain so we couldn’t do the reception outside. They still managed to find us the perfect under cover area so that we could have our ceremony outside. We had our reception inside at the Colonial in the banquet hall. It was perfect. So don’t let it ruin your day if you can’t have your dream beach wedding.. it won’t matter as they do everything to make it all work out.

To start from the beginning. ( I hope this helps and gives most of you the encouragement you need to make your special day everything you have ever wanted. Just like I did)

We arrived a few days before our guests just to get familiar with the resort. We had a bunch of party favors that we wanted to package up and hand out to our guests when they arrived. If you are flying Sunwing you pay $20 per kilo you are over in luggage. So pack smart. Not great showing up to the airport and paying $300 off the bat for party favors.

In our welcome packages we gave each of our guests a Travel Mug (Ordered off ebay: factory_21), Neon Wafer sunglasses (Alibaba.com $1.65 each), personalized matches and an itinerary for the week. For the itinerary we printed them at home on our printer on photo paper. We left blanks for the locations and filled them in when we got there since we weren’t sure where we would have certain events.

We met with Xhail our wedding coordinator it took about 2 hrs to go through what we wanted and how the day would pan out. I sent her pictures of the flowers and Pineapple cake (delicious) and centre pieces before by email. She did everything exactly how we wanted it. If not even better. The Christian Minister we had said everything so nicely and we didn't prepare any vows so he just wispered them to us and we repeated them into the mic. We did a symbolic wedding and they still give you a certificate to sign.

DJ: We used DJ DOremixx (*

#3640 OceanPhoto

OceanPhoto
                  • Vendor
                  • 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Ocean Photo Studio belongs to Smile Market. We are sister companies. Meaning there is no VENDOR FEE neither you need to book an extra room to work with us. 

Best regards!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter