Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4876 replies to this topic

#1971 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
  • Site Supporter
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:50 AM

You will find ALL the info about Barcelo Maya here. 

Hey everyone!  So this is my first time actually writing on BDW (although I've begun to be an avid post-reader!) and I am strongly considering the Barcelo Maya for my January 2012 wedding. 

I know I have a ton of time before I have to decide, but I have already talked to Wendy Hicks from Wright Travel Agency (sooo super helpful) and she has also suggested the Riu Palace Riviera Maya. Just wanted to get some opinions on what sealed the deal for you with the Barcelo! 

We are definitely looking to have a wedding on the beach, that's a definite non-negotiable, and I haven't seen too many pics of beach weddings.  Am I just looking in the wrong places?  Any help would be so greatly appreciated.  Thanks girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1972 b2b2011

b2b2011
    • 58 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by mexico_2011 

I booked Ivan Luckie to be our photographer (for March 16, 2011) and I emailed Claudia (our wedding coordinator) to ask what the policies were for having an outside photographer. She responded today and this is the email I received back from her:

Hola Melanie,

External photographer are not allowed on the resort, if he is one of your guest is necessary that you book him minimum 2 nights at the resort  minimum.

Thanks,

Claudia  Vazquez Garcia

This is the email I have recieved from Claudia about the outside photographer policy,

2. what are your policies regarding outside photography?   Is necessary that they pay a $ 300.00usd fee for the company that is at the resort. 

#1973 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
      • 310 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

Haha...I love that every time the question is asked about outside photographers, Claudia's answer is different.

I'm guessing either $300 or 2 nights minimum. I'm going to pay whatever is cheaper :)

#1974 michelle2011

michelle2011
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

is it $300 each? So if they have an assistant it will be $600 for the day and then pay for their meal?

#1975 b2b2011

b2b2011
          • 58 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 

Haha...I love that every time the question is asked about outside photographers, Claudia's answer is different.

I'm guessing either $300 or 2 nights minimum. I'm going to pay whatever is cheaper :)

Make sure you also factor day passes for the photographer and their assistant.  This are in addition to the $300.00.

#1976 Clean122

Clean122
            • Site Supporter
            • 118 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 

FYI the cheapest price I found per night at the hotel was around $152/night and that was on bookit.com

#1977 michelle2011

michelle2011
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by b2b2011 

Make sure you also factor day passes for the photographer and their assistant.  This are in addition to the $300.00.

So do you have to pay 2 nights stay AND $300 day passes? I'm getting confused

#1978 nmurch

nmurch
                • 396 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

So do you have to pay 2 nights stay AND $300 day passes? I'm getting confused

one or the other, 2 nights will included their meals and rooms, the 300 is for a "outside vendor fee" so with the 300 i was told u have to purchase 2 day passes to which specific hotel u are getting married at. like mine would be 300+2x(70$) i believe it is for the colonial!

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#1979 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
                  • 310 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:53 AM

I think I'll do the 2 nights...hopefully they allow you to choose one  of the cheaper hotels on the property. I'll just figure it out when we get down there.

#1980 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
                    • 82 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

I will be booking our photographer a room for 2 nights at the Barcelo Maya Beach. The price I have is $165 (Canadian) per night and that's all inclusive. So meals will be paid for and I don't have to worry about the day pass. I am going to book it soon so I don't have to worry about it.

It will be cheaper than paying the $300 outside vendor fee plus the two daypasses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter