Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#3211 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
  • Member
  • 545 posts

    Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:57 AM

    Thank you! that's great!

    wow one week to go! how exciting! are you a professional photographer or doing photos for a friend?
    a UK bride :)

    35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

    My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

    #3212 TinaM2b

    TinaM2b
    • Jr. Member
    • 445 posts

      Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by NJ Hunnie View Post
      Hi Ladies,

      How are you? I was trying to plan my welcome dinner...I was contemplating between Arrecifes or Trattoria. Can you former MP brides tell me which one you prefer.

      Thanks so much!
      It depends on the type of atmosphere you want. We had ours at Arrecifes and everyone had such a blast. They set up the party on the terrace overlooking the pools and the ocean. It is a more casual fun type of dinner. Trattoria has great food and is a white table cloth, formal type of dinner that is inside. It is also located by the golf course which is not near the ocean at all.

      We were glad we went with Arrecifes because we were wanting a more casual fun atmosphere.

      #3213 vgirl17

      vgirl17
      • Jr. Member
      • 315 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
      • LocationVacaville, CA

      Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

      What time would you suggest to have a welcome dinner in the month of April? Is 6pm too early? 7pm too late I can't decide!

      #3214 NJ Hunnie

      NJ Hunnie
      • Jr. Member
      • 436 posts

        Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by vgirl17
        What time would you suggest to have a welcome dinner in the month of April? Is 6pm too early? 7pm too late I can't decide!
        I actually am going with about 8 pm, some people are flying in that day and I would like to give them some time to settle in.

        #3215 NJ Hunnie

        NJ Hunnie
        • Jr. Member
        • 436 posts

          Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by TinaM2b
          It depends on the type of atmosphere you want. We had ours at Arrecifes and everyone had such a blast. They set up the party on the terrace overlooking the pools and the ocean. It is a more casual fun type of dinner. Trattoria has great food and is a white table cloth, formal type of dinner that is inside. It is also located by the golf course which is not near the ocean at all.

          We were glad we went with Arrecifes because we were wanting a more casual fun atmosphere.

          Thanks Tina, I will let you know how I made out once everything is confirmed!!

          #3216 Maura

          Maura

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

          Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:02 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Woodsylou
          Thank you! that's great!

          wow one week to go! how exciting! are you a professional photographer or doing photos for a friend?
          you're very welcome!

          i am a professional photographer, i just don't advertise it all over the forum because i started out here as a bride and became a moderator. i've been toying with the idea of becoming a vendor here soon, though.

          #3217 vgirl17

          vgirl17
          • Jr. Member
          • 315 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
          • LocationVacaville, CA

          Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:05 PM

          I also posted this in the MP 2010 thread but...

          Does anyone know the measurements of the gazebo aisles (just inside the gazebos...not the whole walkway leading up to it) I want to make an aisle runner and have searched what seems like every post and still can't find it! I know HaleGrifa made a runner too but I can't find the measurements anywhere....

          #3218 Maura

          Maura

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

          Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by vgirl17
          I also posted this in the MP 2010 thread but...

          Does anyone know the measurements of the gazebo aisles (just inside the gazebos...not the whole walkway leading up to it) I want to make an aisle runner and have searched what seems like every post and still can't find it! I know HaleGrifa made a runner too but I can't find the measurements anywhere....
          i dont know, but since i'll be there next week (photographing the wedding in the tucan gazebo if that's the gazebo you mean), i can check for you and let you know when i return if you can wait about a week. ill have computer access again on nov 13th. just let me know.

          #3219 vgirl17

          vgirl17
          • Jr. Member
          • 315 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
          • LocationVacaville, CA

          Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Maura
          i dont know, but since i'll be there next week (photographing the wedding in the tucan gazebo if that's the gazebo you mean), i can check for you and let you know when i return if you can wait about a week. ill have computer access again on nov 13th. just let me know.
          Thanks! That would be great if you could! I'm hoping to have my wedding in the chapel gazebo or the tucan gazebo :)

          #3220 Maura

          Maura

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

          Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by vgirl17
          Thanks! That would be great if you could! I'm hoping to have my wedding in the chapel gazebo or the tucan gazebo :)
          IMHO, if you arent having a catholic wedding, dont do it in the chapel gazebo. reason why: there is glass all around the outside of it, making it a photographer's nightmare. they almost certainly will need to use flash and it's quite a pain with the reflection. i arrived here at the MP today and did some scouting. i saw a wedding in both the chapel and the tucan gazebo. both were around 4pm, and both photographers were using all flash.

          that said, dino gomez just shot a wedding in the chapel here and i saw his photos–he did a great job of minimizing the problem with the flash and the glass but having seen it now in person i am sure it was a big challenge.

          the wedding i'm photographing tomorrow is in the tucan gazebo–will let you know how it turns out! :P




          0 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







          Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter