Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#2461 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
  • Jr. Member
  • 445 posts

    Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lizlett3
    What are they testing our blood for besides HIV? It seems so bizaar to me.
    This and several other things seemed very bizaar to us too. We decided we didn't want all that done in Mexico so we are doing a secret ceremony in the states and having just the ceremony there. From what I have heard, you really can't tell the difference because they go through all the steps that include signing paperwork.

    #2462 drtracy

    drtracy
    • Jr. Member
    • 436 posts

      Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:46 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by lizlett3
      What are they testing our blood for besides HIV? It seems so bizaar to me.
      They test for STDs that can be passed on to kids. Mexico is pretty much all about the whole reason to get married is to have kids. It really isn't a big deal. It took about 5 minutes, the guy came in pricked us and left.

      #2463 Leanna35

      Leanna35
      • Newbie
      • 18 posts

        Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

        Hi Ladies-

        My WC emailed me and stated that our ceremony will be held at the Tucan Gazebo. She said that it is Ocean Front and Rooftop. Does anyone have pictures of this gazebo?

        #2464 liz1717

        liz1717
        • Newbie
        • 113 posts

          Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

          Does anyone know how long the witnesses need to be in Mexico before the civil ceremony? We have to get info together about the witnesses and I'm not sure if they'll be there long enough before the wedding.

          drtracy - Thanks for the response about transportation. I keep forgetting that people can figure it out on their own and I don't need to micromanage everything...

          #2465 momslehcar

          momslehcar
          • Newbie
          • 22 posts

            Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Leanna35
            Hi Ladies-

            My WC emailed me and stated that our ceremony will be held at the Tucan Gazebo. She said that it is Ocean Front and Rooftop. Does anyone have pictures of this gazebo?
            The Tufan Gazebo is ocean front but not on a roof top. If you send me a PM with your email I'll send you the pictures I have of my daughters wedding in the Tucan last March.

            #2466 momslehcar

            momslehcar
            • Newbie
            • 22 posts

              Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by liz1717
              Does anyone know how long the witnesses need to be in Mexico before the civil ceremony? We have to get info together about the witnesses and I'm not sure if they'll be there long enough before the wedding.

              drtracy - Thanks for the response about transportation. I keep forgetting that people can figure it out on their own and I don't need to micromanage everything...
              The witnesses need to be there two days before the ceremony.
              The taxi from the airport is five dollars per person, very easy.

              #2467 nibsmom

              nibsmom
              • Member
              • 564 posts

                Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

                Has anyone heard of the La Selva Terrace? My WC said that's where my reception is going to be, but I haven't heard of it....??

                #2468 TinaM2b

                TinaM2b
                • Jr. Member
                • 445 posts

                  Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

                  liz1717, You have to be so excited, only 12 days left. When do you leave? How long will you be there? What is the timeline on your wedding day? Liz, There are several of us getting married a couple weeks after you. We can't wait to hear your report and see photos. If you are out walking around at night between 5 -7, I would love to hear your opinion of the temperature around the Terraces.

                  Nina, I don't recall hearing La Selva before either.

                  21 days from today, we will be arriving in Cancun late morning. 27 days till our wedding day. I am beginning to pack the extra bags today.

                  #2469 liz1717

                  liz1717
                  • Newbie
                  • 113 posts

                    Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TinaM2b
                    liz1717, You have to be so excited, only 12 days left. When do you leave? How long will you be there? What is the timeline on your wedding day? Liz, There are several of us getting married a couple weeks after you. We can't wait to hear your report and see photos. If you are out walking around at night between 5 -7, I would love to hear your opinion of the temperature around the Terraces.

                    Nina, I don't recall hearing La Selva before either.

                    21 days from today, we will be arriving in Cancun late morning. 27 days till our wedding day. I am beginning to pack the extra bags today.
                    We are so excited!! We leave 6/23 and will be there 8 days. Our wedding is on 6/26 and begins at 2 and then we'll take pictures after and then have a private dinner at the Terrace Venado starting at 6. I didn't want to feel rushed taking pictures or have everyone milling around waiting for us, so the time between the wedding and dinner will be nice. I think it will give B and I time to soak everything in and have some nice alone time before the reception. We are having about 20 guests, so it's going to be a nice intimate wedding and reception. I'll let you know about the temp that night. You are way ahead of me...I haven't even started packing yet, I just have piles of stuff all over the house!

                    #2470 TinaM2b

                    TinaM2b
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 445 posts

                      Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

                      Liz, Good luck your next 10 days! It is coming quickly.

                      You are doing what we are doing except ours is starting at 5:00. We also get married at 2:00 and look forward to a little downtime. We have several coming in from outside Moon Palace so we are going to tell everyone that we will be at the Nizuk Lobby Bar between photos and the wedding party start time. Our wedding party is going to be at the Bugambilias terrace.

                      I am starting to pack to make sure I can get everything there!! LOL! I too have piles everywhere. We are going to deliver OOT bags on weeknights the few days before we leave so we don't have all that to worry about too!

                      Nina, I was just looking in the information sent by the WC. In the information about the gazebos and terraces, Selva Terrace is on the back page. It looks like it is by one of the swimming pools but it doesn't say exactly where it is. I didn't see it on the map either.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter