Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#11 Dez921714

Dez921714
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,489 posts

    Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

    I got this from the FL office today "The function details are handled and finalized with your coordinator on-site. For the time being since she has not been assigned, I have attached more information on our locations and menus"

    FL office has been pretty good to us. Karina is our main contact. Takes her about 24 hours to respond to emails, but she does respond. About a month ago she tried to get me assigned to my onsite person because I had a lot of questions she couldn't answer LOL Onsite wasn't responsive, so she's been a middler person...I ask her, she asks them, she tells me their answeres. I'm hoping that once our room block is good to go, they'll assign my person and we can get the ball rolling.

    We signed the wedding contract in Feb. and JUST signed the group contract for the rooms. We're having them home 10 rooms thursday night and 25 rooms friday, sat, and sunday nights. Guests have up to 45 days before the wedding, if rooms aren't booked by then, they release them. To set up the contract we had 2 options...either put 10% down on each room, or pay for our room in full. We paid for our room in full, as we KNOW we'll be there LOL
    http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

    150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

    #12 Dez921714

    Dez921714
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,489 posts

      Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

      According to what they sent me today, the Lake Terrace can accomodate up to 300 guests for a coctail reception and up to 150 guests for a buffet
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

      150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

      #13 cutierosie

      cutierosie
      • Jr. Member
      • 191 posts

        Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by deznchris2006
        According to what they sent me today, the Lake Terrace can accomodate up to 300 guests for a coctail reception and up to 150 guests for a buffet
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by deznchris2006
        I got this from the FL office today "The function details are handled and finalized with your coordinator on-site. For the time being since she has not been assigned, I have attached more information on our locations and menus"

        FL office has been pretty good to us. Karina is our main contact. Takes her about 24 hours to respond to emails, but she does respond. About a month ago she tried to get me assigned to my onsite person because I had a lot of questions she couldn't answer LOL Onsite wasn't responsive, so she's been a middler person...I ask her, she asks them, she tells me their answeres. I'm hoping that once our room block is good to go, they'll assign my person and we can get the ball rolling.

        We signed the wedding contract in Feb. and JUST signed the group contract for the rooms. We're having them home 10 rooms thursday night and 25 rooms friday, sat, and sunday nights. Guests have up to 45 days before the wedding, if rooms aren't booked by then, they release them. To set up the contract we had 2 options...either put 10% down on each room, or pay for our room in full. We paid for our room in full, as we KNOW we'll be there LOL


        I am glad to hear about the option as to the rooms, as that was my concern about putting down 10% of all the rooms now. I will also pay our room in full that is the best way to go!!!

        #14 Mrs D To Be!

        Mrs D To Be!
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,634 posts

          Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

          hey

          we are planning on getting married at moon palace 2010 - so we are planning way in advance - but gives all our family time to save and leaves them with little excuse not to come!hee hee

          there are about 60 of us going from the uk, all staying for between 1 and 3 weeks! we plan on getting married in one of the gazebo's at either 4 or 5, depending on sunset in may...then going to have an outside reception for the rest of the night! can't wait!

          xxxxxxxxxxx

          #15 cutierosie

          cutierosie
          • Jr. Member
          • 191 posts

            Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

            Blinkgrl,

            Way to go on planning early!!! I wish I had done that as I am getting a little nervous about doing all the planning and I still have about a year left to plan...

            #16 Mrs D To Be!

            Mrs D To Be!
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,634 posts

              Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

              oh yeah, and we are going to go with elizabeth medina for our photos. we have seen some of the photos which the resort photographer has done, and they are great, but we want really really special ones, and its really the only area of the budget we are willing to spend spend spend on!lol because the photos are really the lasting memory of it for us, plus if all those guests are going to go on a 10.5 hour flight to see our special day, the least we can do is get them beautiful pictures to remember the day of! we are also going to do a TTD session the next day, can't wait!!

              xxxxxxxx

              #17 Dez921714

              Dez921714
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,489 posts

                Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

                Cutie...you have pleanty of time....and if you spend a lot of that time around here, you're gonna end up giving yourself a million DIY projects LOL

                If they don't offer it to you as an option, ask them about it. Tell them you were talking to another MP bride who had to pay her room in full to hold the group.

                I want fire dancers...so right now I am going back and forth with them about wheather I can have them or not...right now, they are saying no...we will see.....LOL
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

                150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

                #18 Dez921714

                Dez921714
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,489 posts

                  Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:38 PM

                  WOW! 10.5 hrs?? and I thought 3 to 4 was bad!!
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

                  150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

                  #19 cutierosie

                  cutierosie
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 191 posts

                    Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:39 PM

                    Fire dancers sound soooooooooooo cool I LOVE THE IDEA!

                    Hey, blinkgrl, can you tell me how much Elizabeth Medina charging you? I am trying to fit it in my budget. I love her pictures.

                    #20 MARIOLA

                    MARIOLA
                    • Newbie
                    • 91 posts

                      Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by blinkgrl119
                      oh yeah, and we are going to go with elizabeth medina for our photos. we have seen some of the photos which the resort photographer has done, and they are great, but we want really really special ones, and its really the only area of the budget we are willing to spend spend spend on!lol because the photos are really the lasting memory of it for us, plus if all those guests are going to go on a 10.5 hour flight to see our special day, the least we can do is get them beautiful pictures to remember the day of! we are also going to do a TTD session the next day, can't wait!!

                      xxxxxxxx
                      I'm confused...I was told that you cannot bring outside vendors in...which means even if you pay Moon Palace a fee for bringing in an outside photog, they still will not allow it. The only way you can maybe get one in is if you they are part of your wedding party (stay & sleep at the hotel, etc.)
                      Did I misunderstand something ?





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter