Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5611 Soon2BMrsS

Soon2BMrsS
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

Help!!! What is everyones plan for transportation from the airport to the Resort? We are traveling with 2 small children, so we don't know if we are going to need their carseats, we are trying to find a shuttle company here that has carseats to save on having to check them. One our babies will be traveling on our lap and the older one will have a seat, but the carseat booster we have is not that comfortable for that long.

#5612 rubby

rubby
    • Banned
    • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

So as to right now anger might be leaving most of the technological design which were whenever so common for skateboarding footwear is at present moving away from method, coupled with Nike skateboard shoes are modification effectively to this fact. As Nike recently includes a few Nike skateboard boots or shoes that is at the punk-rock look a large number of skateboarders at this moment are looking for the way it mirrors design for typically the Seventies. Nikes conversion their new Nike skateboard card shoe glimpse is occurring which means effortlessly presently seeing that inside overdue Nineties as soon as styles trend rolling they're capable of experimentation when re-issuing many of the sooner skate running shoe designs that they.cheap jordan shoes for sale

#5613 Sasha030412

Sasha030412
      • 48 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

March 4th, how about you?

Originally Posted by LoveKiss 

I'm in March too, what's your date Sasha?

#5614 Sasha030412

Sasha030412
        • 48 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:31 AM

Are you booking everyones flight and hotel or just hotel?

Originally Posted by LoveKiss 

I was wondering who everyone has used to book group travel. Any recommendations of a good travel agency?

#5615 jana297

jana297
          • 646 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

Hi Ladies,

It has been about 6 months since I have been on here! Wow my wedding is a little over 7 months away now. I was in shock to hear that Dreams will be closing for renovations. I really hope this does not effect my wedding on April 6, 2012.

I also see that Juan is no longer contracted with Dreams! WOW!

I still am trying to be positive and hope to god that the renovations do not effect our day for our guests either! :(

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
            April 6, 2012

#5616 Soon2BMrsS

Soon2BMrsS
            • 71 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

Help!!! What is everyones plan for transportation from the airport to the Resort? We are traveling with 2 small children, so we don't know if we are going to need their carseats, we are trying to find a shuttle company here that has carseats to save on having to check them. One our babies will be traveling on our lap and the older one will have a seat, but the carseat booster we have is not that comfortable for that long.

#5617 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
              • Banned
              • 630 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

I personally don't have any knowledge of the car seat situation, so I sent your question on to my travel agent to see if she knows of any companies that have them.  I will let you know when she gets back to me.

Originally Posted by Soon2BMrsS 

#5618 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                • Banned
                • 630 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

Here is the response I got from my travel agent:

"I actually don’t know of any transfer companies that provide car seats, but I have heard of some car seats that you can buy that are good for travelling.  I think they might be collapsible or something to make for easier travelling."

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

I personally don't have any knowledge of the car seat situation, so I sent your question on to my travel agent to see if she knows of any companies that have them.  I will let you know when she gets back to me.

#5619 Soon2BMrsS

Soon2BMrsS
                  • 71 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

Ummmmm.... I would just like to say...... YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

#5620 mgl27

mgl27
                    • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

Hi Girls!!

I just wanted to respond with some info that I have that may help girls from past posts. 

I am using a travel agent/coordinator.  Her name is Darcy Madalinski with a Ticket to Paradise.  darcy@atickettoparadise.com  or www.atickettoparadise.com  She has been amazing.  She has helped with most all of our guests to book rooms (as well as some guests who were looking for help with air).  She also negotiated comps for us on our room for the week we were there.  She is located in the Chicago area.  Booking rooms through her included travel to/from airport.

I spoke with Claudia and she did not mention any renovations (our wedding is 10/29/11).  We are having out cocktail hour in the Spa garden and the reception at the club terrace (we have 63 people and she said they would all fit comfortably).

We are having the buffet dinner.  The cost for each additional person over 20 (dinner and open bar) is $48pp +15% service charge and 11% tax.

Claudia did say that since we have the Ultimate package we can switch between silver and gold menus.  She is also allowing my mom to have my hair appointment (since my friend is doing mine) and I do not need any corsages so she is giving me all boutonnieres.

If any brides have the ultimate package, be sure to set up your private dinner for two.  I originally did not see anything in the contract about it, but is included.  I have an email with all the locations to choose from if anyone is interested. PM me.

I also asked about changing the red carpet that is included for a white one.  She told me it would be an $80 charge.  We will probably opt not to have any carpet.

I also asked about the Waterford champagne flutes that are included in the package, but I did not see in the contract.  (I mean if I am paying for them....)  There is a sheet/file that is to be filled out on the Dreams website to ensure that you receive them.

That is all I can think of right now.  I am sure more will come to me and I will post again! :) Hope this helps!

Meghan

Meghan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter