Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3261 destination

destination
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mc5363
    Here are the prices for all the photographers that I contacted. I decided to go with Michael Marrus of Cancun Photography.
    Um, not to freak you out or anything but you may want to read this review before you sign a contract with him. I hope the link works. I actually emailed back and forth with him when I was searching, got a wierd vibe and didn't contact him again. Right before I left for my wedding I saw this review, and was thankful I went with my gut. Could be a fluke, but he sounds like a diva.
    http://bestdestinati....michael maurus

#3262 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
    • 444 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kat81
      The lobby bar for sure. It is the easiest for all the guests to find.
      Thanks! The lobby of the pyramid building, right?

#3263 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
        Thanks! The lobby of the pyramid building, right?
        no it's called the "rendezvous" bar, and it's in the main building (the one thru which you enter the resort). there is no "lobby" or bar in the pyramid building, just an open atrium with lots of plants (and birds!).

#3264 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
        • 444 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

thanks! im obviously clueless!

#3265 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

It is the first bar you see when you walk through the doors so it will be easy for your guests to find :)

#3266 Michelle613

Michelle613
            • 331 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Wow Joanna those two ttd pics look absolutely amazing. Congrats and have an amazing time on your honeymoon and can't wait to see your review and more pro pics. Did you like your photog?
              Michelle & Arsen
              Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#3267 Michelle613

Michelle613
              • 331 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kat81
                It is the first bar you see when you walk through the doors so it will be easy for your guests to find :)
                About the rendezvous bar and meet & greets, the staff doesn't care if we tell everyone to meet there right? I also want to tell people beforehand but I don't want any staff giving us problems or saying there's too many of us (even though I have no idea how many people will be there.)
                Michelle & Arsen
                Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#3268 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
                • 1,212 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:45 AM

just popping my head in here to say how awesome dreams cancun is! i shot a wedding there in may and loved it. you will all be happy you chose it.

here is a quick pick of the ceremony site, with tons more on my Click the image to open in full size.

#3269 mc5363

mc5363
                  • 315 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by destination
                    Um, not to freak you out or anything but you may want to read this review before you sign a contract with him. I hope the link works. I actually emailed back and forth with him when I was searching, got a wierd vibe and didn't contact him again. Right before I left for my wedding I saw this review, and was thankful I went with my gut. Could be a fluke, but he sounds like a diva.
                    http://bestdestinati....michael maurus

That review is terrible! I actually already signed a contract with them and put a deposit down. I have contacted people who have used him in the past and they all gave me rave reviews. My wedding is in 4 months, so I may have to stick it out with them. The people I have spoken with at his office have been wonderful (maybe he got some new staff) and I also told them that I did not feel comfortable paying them in full before the wedding day. If he pulls that diva attitude with me, he can leave without the rest of the money. I guess at this point, I'll just have to hope for the best.

#3270 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
                    • 137 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

can anyone tell me what your guests paid( or are paying) for rooms in June? I'm getting some crazy numbers (400-500 per night)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter