Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1771 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

    Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

    Mine was SUPER loud with just the speaker they had built into it. And it had a remote so if something happened we could change the song or whatever. We just bought one at walmart. I think it was like 140 bucks. Works great.

    #1772 cougs

    cougs

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

      Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:13 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
      I also have a Dreams Cancun question that i'm not sure has been asked before. What's up with the Red carpet they put down when your walking down the Isle near the gazebo? I HATE it...It looks off next to the pretty white chairs with the pretty colorful ribbons...and then this red carpet in the middle! Is there an alternative? can you not put anything down and maybe try rose petals??
      i laughed at this because i LOVE the red carpet, but then again, red is my color, so it would match, not clash. if i was using any color that would clash with red i would just go without it. unfortunately, rose petals would blow away, and the walkway is curved so i'm pretty sure aisle runners wouldn't really work ... plus again there's that wind factor (probably why they use carpet for the weight). you could maybe try flowers along the sides of the walkway (like pomanders hanging from short garden stakes?) to dress up the aisle a bit? LOL they really should invest in a white carpet too!

      #1773 cougs

      cougs

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

        Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by angela1184
        Question-for those of you who used the Ipod w docking station, did you still need to rent the speakers? was it loud enough for all to hear?
        i imagine it would depend on the particular docking station you are using. we sprung the cash for the BOSE portable docking station because we know for sure it's plenty loud enough (we have relatives who use theirs for all their outdoor parties). i know there are some more reasonably-priced brands that also do a good job of putting out a lot of sound, but i would do the research before buying any of those. they all sound loud in a store, so keep in mind the wide-open space, the crowd, and the wind.

        OR, you can rent their speaker system IN LIEU OF the docking station. i'm pretty sure some other girls have done this, and in that case, the dreams sound guy took charge of operating the ipod. can anyone confirm this?

        #1774 Kat81

        Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

          Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:18 PM

          I didn't like the red carpet either but I think it looks better than nothing at all. I didn't do any bows or gazebo decor so it was perfect for me!! Plus it is cool because it's like the red carpet treatment on your way up :) PS for those of you wanting to see the Terrace I got some teasers back there are a few shots of the construction. I guess you can see part of it like the paint isnt done all the way... Really in person I didn't notice it wasn't until I saw the photos lol I bet it will all be done soon though. You can also see my bouquet which I think is amazing!
          Kat and Ryan

          #1775 **~Jenn~**

          **~Jenn~**
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,236 posts

            Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mummergirl
            i laughed at this because i LOVE the red carpet, but then again, red is my color, so it would match, not clash. if i was using any color that would clash with red i would just go without it. unfortunately, rose petals would blow away, and the walkway is curved so i'm pretty sure aisle runners wouldn't really work ... plus again there's that wind factor (probably why they use carpet for the weight). you could maybe try flowers along the sides of the walkway (like pomanders hanging from short garden stakes?) to dress up the aisle a bit? LOL they really should invest in a white carpet too!
            lol Actually, Red is My FAVORITE color!! And before I changed to a Destination Wedding...Red were the colors of my BM's dresses, But since we are doing it this way, I want tropical colors :-)
            If my colors were still red, I would LOVE the carpet, but I think I will tell them I want to go without :-)
            Maybe I will try something I can put in the ground going up the isle, LIke flowers or something like that...When we get there I will stop at that Walmart and see what I can work with!
            Thanks!! :-)
            Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
            My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

            #1776 cougs

            cougs

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

              Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenn3878
              I asked about the photos and the CD/DVD and hi-res:

              Do you know if we get hi-res copies of the pictures that the photographer would take on CD or DVD?

              negatives are in hi-res , it will depend on the package that you will get a cd or dvd version.
              so does that mean you get hi-res images on disc with ALL their packages (even the INCLUDED package)?

              #1777 cougs

              cougs

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

                Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kat81
                my god, kat, your photos are AMAZING! you all look like you had so much fun through the whole thing ... you'd never know anything had gone wrong!

                #1778 Kat81

                Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

                  Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:50 PM

                  Thanks! We had a blast. I just put everything in the back of my mind and focused on our day. I didn't want anything to get me down because that was the only wedding day I will get!

                  #1779 Jenn3878

                  Jenn3878
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 5,681 posts

                    Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mummergirl
                    so does that mean you get hi-res images on disc with ALL their packages (even the INCLUDED package)?
                    I am not sure because I figure its all digital, so when she said hi-res negatives that threw me off?

                    Just looked and it says the 2008 packages say that they come with a cd?

                    What packages are you going to get? Is 100 pictures enough?

                    Package 1
                    Photo Express
                    36 photos on a CD only
                    Not printed
                    $ 470 usd + 10% tax
                    1 hour

                    Package 2
                    36 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
                    Album & CD with 36 negatives
                    $ 590 usd + 10% tax
                    1 hour

                    Package 3
                    50 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
                    Album & CD with 50 negatives
                    $ 690 usd + 10% tax
                    1-2 hours

                    Package 4
                    90 photos 4x6
                    5 photos 5x7
                    5 photos 8x10
                    Colour, B&W, Sepia, Mix Colour prints
                    Album & CD with 100 negatives
                    2-3 hours
                    $ 980 usd + 10% tax

                    Package 5
                    130 photos 4x6
                    10 photos 5x7
                    10 photos 8x10
                    Colour, B&W, Sepia, Mix Colour prints
                    Album & CD with all negatives
                    $ 1,610 usd + 10% tax
                    5 hours

                    #1780 cougs

                    cougs

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

                      Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jenn3878
                      I am not sure because I figure its all digital, so when she said hi-res negatives that threw me off?

                      Just looked and it says the 2008 packages say that they come with a cd?

                      What packages are you going to get? Is 100 pictures enough?

                      Package 1
                      Photo Express
                      36 photos on a CD only
                      Not printed
                      $ 470 usd + 10% tax
                      1 hour

                      Package 2
                      36 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
                      Album & CD with 36 negatives
                      $ 590 usd + 10% tax
                      1 hour

                      Package 3
                      50 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
                      Album & CD with 50 negatives
                      $ 690 usd + 10% tax
                      1-2 hours

                      Package 4
                      90 photos 4x6
                      5 photos 5x7
                      5 photos 8x10
                      Colour, B&W, Sepia, Mix Colour prints
                      Album & CD with 100 negatives
                      2-3 hours
                      $ 980 usd + 10% tax

                      Package 5
                      130 photos 4x6
                      10 photos 5x7
                      10 photos 8x10
                      Colour, B&W, Sepia, Mix Colour prints
                      Album & CD with all negatives
                      $ 1,610 usd + 10% tax
                      5 hours

                      thanks! that definitely looks like no matter what, you get the images on disc, which is all i was really worried about. i think she may have gotten a little confused and just called them "negatives." also, if you get a video, the video is on a dvd, so maybe that's what she meant?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter