Photo

2nd site visit - You need anything?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

Hey girls! My mom and I are going to Cancun a week from tomorrow ( May 18 ) for my 2nd site visit. I'm meeting with my wedding coordinator at Le Meridien and my florist (Vanessa Jaimes). I'm also going to check out prices of different tours. I want to have my rehearsal dinner on the Captain Hook.

Do you guys need anything? I'm asking a week in advance in case you think of anything. I'll also be shopping around downtown for possible favors. I'm going to try to take a large suitcase and pack light so I can bring goodies back

#2 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
    • 292 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:45 PM

Wow, thanks
      hmmm...I'm thinking pretty colored maracas as favors for my guests.
      Please fill us in with any cool shops you come across for favors.

Thanks so much,

#3 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:20 AM

First of all, have an awesome time!!! Secondly thanks for the offer but the only think I can think of is what Linda said about fun shops. Are you going to check out the Captain Hook? If so I cant wait for your review on that!

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:05 AM

i just have one request:

HAVE FUN!

but i'm sure you will! take lots of pics for us pic whores!

#5 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lucy106
          First of all, have an awesome time!!! Secondly thanks for the offer but the only think I can think of is what Linda said about fun shops. Are you going to check out the Captain Hook? If so I cant wait for your review on that!
          I've already been on the Captain Hook and it's an AMAZING time. I highly recommend it for everyone. The food is soooooooo good and the show they put on is so much fun. Everyone's dressed like pirates and in the middle of our sail, our boat goes up to another "pirate ship" and our pirates fight with their pirates. They all jump back and forth between boats. It's such a good time. While I'm down there now, I'm going to see if I can get a group rate or something.. I believe it's like $80pp normally.

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

Have fun! We're actually looking at going on another site visit that very day but to the opposite coast

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 Cali

Cali
            • 281 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

Have fun....

#8 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

You are going to have a freakin' blast! I am so jealous! I wish I could go with you. I want to so the Captain Hook for my rehearsal dinner too! I heard that if you talk to them directly it's cheaper than going through your resort. How did you book it?

#9 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kat81
                  You are going to have a freakin' blast! I am so jealous! I wish I could go with you. I want to so the Captain Hook for my rehearsal dinner too! I heard that if you talk to them directly it's cheaper than going through your resort. How did you book it?
                  I've only been on the Captain Hook once and it was through my mom's job about 5 years ago. Her bank sent out all of their top employees and my mom was one of them. They paid for EVERYTHING. It was amazing (we stayed at the Marriott Casamagna). With the Captain Hook, we had the lobster dinner.. very good and the entertainment was so much fun! I remember dancing all night with one of their pirates hehe

I'll take your advice and go through them directly. See if I can get a deal somehow.

#10 riviera

riviera
                  • 108 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:43 PM

Hi JennyK,

Hope you will have an awesome time at your site visit! I am considering Le Meridien as one of the options for our wedding site, and I am a bit concerned with the beach condition... I am hoping for a beach wedding, and I read in someone's review that the beach condition is not so great at Le Meridien...

Would you mind checking out the beach condition when you are out there?

Thanks! and have a BLAST!!!!
                    http://i305.photobuc....tled-1copy.jpg
                    Cancun beach at Le Meridien~*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter