Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4921 dianep

dianep
  • 532 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RunningBride24
    Does anyone know what The Royal supplies you with for a beach ceremony? Do they put up the huppah? How much does it cost? Are there limitations to what I can decorate it with? Do they decorate it at all? I just realized I know nothing about how this process works and can't seem to find anything in my notes about it.
    they will put up the huppah (or a metal white arch, i believe) and decorate it with white fabric. they have white chairs and white chair covers and sashes. my ceremony was in the evening, so they also set up tiki torches (decorations not included). the pictures in the gallery section of the resort website are great indications of what they will provide.

i just had my ceremony on the 15th. i brought some of my own decorations, including colored fabric for the huppah, chair sashes, flowers for the tiki torches, etc. they sky is the limit for what you can bring. i just dropped everything off to my onsite coordinator and she took care of everything at no extra charge.

good luck and happy planning!
    http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
    and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4922 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
    • 712 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
      For ours we decided base on previous reviews not to give them to the hotel. They don't really understand a lot of english and they really do run on slow time there. So we went to Maria's for the rehearsal dinner before everyone showed up and put them on everyone's chair. It was a lot of fun. Plus when people got there they were totally surprised that they were getting a bag of goodies!
      ooh good idea!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by dianep
      here are a few randoms (in no order whatsoever!!) that friends and family have posted on facebook. so fun to see what people have as the days go on. more pics and eventually some pro pics to be posted in the coming days/weeks!

wedding pictures by dipics - Photobucket

hope this works - i've never posted a whole album before.
      You look amazing! and the colors are gorgeous!!!

#4923 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lady_Di
        Diane, you look gorgeous! Congrats!

My planning thread is up!

http://bestdestinati....-thread-59477/
        Diana, your planning thread made me teary-eyed; your wedding is going to be so beautiful.

#4924 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
        • 233 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lady_Di
          Thank you!

They will provide the huppa free of charge and you can bring your own decorations for the huppa like the tulle. They will charge like $500 for the huppa flowers. Crazy expensive!
          Lady Di, I just wanted to say I hope you have a great wedding! Don't stress, everything will come together perfectly! Good luck!

#4925 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
          • 233 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I don't know if this will work, but I tried uploading some random pics.

Best Destination Wedding Forum ~ The Ultimate Destination Wedding Resource

#4926 dianep

dianep
            • 532 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

Quote:

was your reception, by chance, on the beach close to pelicanos? i think i saw people dancing with those balloons! (we were on the beach just on the other side, by the bar with the swings).

p.s. i think we had the absolute PERFECT weather for our wedding day! i couldn't have asked for anything better!
              http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
              and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4927 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

Quote:

The bridesmaid flowers look so much prettier in your picture than on the pdf. Very nice! I can't remember if you said you got your bouquet through the royal as well....do they just make the bridesmaid ones smaller?

Love the bridesmaid dresses too- my MOH put that dress as one of the ones she would like for them to try on. What did your girls think about it?

#4928 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                • 5,078 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

Thanks ladies!!

Bridetobe, you looked beautiful!!

#4929 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                  • 712 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

A day shy of 3 weeks (and a call from my TA later), Angie confirmed my date/time/location ( i sensed sarcasm when she said that i had sent back the confirmation letter with that date). I wanted to say, "okay and I'm sure all the OTHER ladies did too, but that didnt stop you from FUBARing theirs"...but i didn't :-). I'll just vent here and continue killing her with kindness. (we should really pray for her lol)

She also said that I wouldnt be charged for DJ Ivan if I booked through the RESORT (small heart attack), but then sent another email saying that she just learned the policy has changed and there would NOT be a charge for booking through Ivan because he is the in-house DJ. (i'm guessing this a policy implemented this calendar year) Yays!

#4930 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                    • 5,078 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

What! She said that? We got charged for the vendor fee for DJ Ivan. We booked through him. Sigh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter